jkruk

MSP432 Error compiling to board

I am currently trying to connect my Launchpad MSP432E401Y to energia and run the basic "Blink" example. I can get my board to connect using CCS but cannot get a basic file to compile to my Board. I am running Energia 1.8.7E20 on windows 10, and have the MSP432E Ethernet RED boards installed.

My error message is:

Exit status 1.

Error compiling for board LaunchPad w/ msp432E EMT (120MHz).

Hi jkruk,

I have the same issue: Energia do compile for MSP430, doesn't for MSP432E401Y. I read some threads stating that path to EXE should be free of spaces, I moved it to C:\IDE\energia\energia-1.8.7E21, no success yet.

In case you already found how to fix it, PLEASE SHARE.

Jura

I reproduced the issue. Below is how to work around it.

1. open the folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\Energia15\packages\energia\hardware\msp432e\5.19.0
  2. Open the file platform.txt in a text editor.
  3. find the line recipe.hooks.linking.postlink.1.pattern.windows=cmd /c copy "{build.system.path}/energia/energia_pm4fg.rov.xs" "{build.path}" an delete it.
  4. You should now be able to compile.

Robert

18 hours ago, energia said:

I reproduced the issue. Below is how to work around it.

1. open the folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\Energia15\packages\energia\hardware\msp432e\5.19.0
  2. Open the file platform.txt in a text editor.
  3. find the line recipe.hooks.linking.postlink.1.pattern.windows=cmd /c copy "{build.system.path}/energia/energia_pm4fg.rov.xs" "{build.path}" an delete it.
  4. You should now be able to compile.

Robert

Hi Robert,

I can confirm that your workaround helps. Thanks a lot !!!

Would you be as well so kind and explain, why during compilation, following warning about implicit declaration is shown?

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Energia15\packages\energia\hardware\msp432e\5.19.0\cores\msp432e\ti\runtime\wiring\msp432e\wiring.c: In function 'delayMicroseconds':

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Energia15\packages\energia\hardware\msp432e\5.19.0\cores\msp432e\ti\runtime\wiring\msp432e\wiring.c:105:13: warning: implicit declaration of function 'asm' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

asm("   nop");

^~~

Jura