Sign in to follow this  
jcjc

MSP430G2553 WITH ADXL345 I2C DON´T WORKING

Hi everyone 

I am beginner and I want to use the adxl345 with msp430g2553 with I2C, but the example that I am using don´t working, always send 0 in the axes x,y and z. I use energia 1.6.10e18, the circuit have the pull'up resistor in SDA and SCL pines, and I remove the jumper of the green led. I used the same code but with arduino and it working but with enegia not, help me please.

My launchpad is MSP-EXP430G2  rev 1.5

The SCL is connected in pin 14 and the SDA in pin 15.

My OS is windows 7

When i put this function "Wire.setModule(0)" the mcu does make nothing, the uart don´t send nothing.

The code is the follow:

#include <Wire.h>

void setup()

Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.print("Iniciado");

Wire.begin();        

writeTo(DATA_FORMAT, 0x01);                                                                   //Put the ADXL345 into +/- 4G range by writing the value 0x01 to the DATA_FORMAT register.
  writeTo(POWER_CTL, 0x08);                                                                       //Put the ADXL345 into Measurement Mode by writing 0x08 to the POWER_CTL register.

}

void loop()
{
  uint8_t howManyBytesToRead = 6;
  readFrom( DATAX0, howManyBytesToRead, _buff);                                 //read the acceleration data from the ADXL345

int X = (((int)_buff[1]) << 😎 | _buff[0];   
  int Y = (((int)_buff[3]) << 😎 | _buff[2];
  int Z = (((int)_buff[5]) << 😎 | _buff[4];

Serial.print("x: ");
  Serial.print( X );
  Serial.print(" y: ");
  Serial.print( Y );
  delay(500);            
}

void writeTo(byte address, byte val) {
  Wire.beginTransmission(DEVICE);                                        // start transmission to device 
  Wire.write(address);                                                                // send register address
  Wire.write(val);                                                                         // send value to write
  Wire.endTransmission();                                                       // end transmission
}

void readFrom(byte address, int num, byte _buff[]) {
  Wire.beginTransmission(DEVICE);                                      // start transmission to device 
  Wire.write(address);                                                              // sends address to read from
  Wire.endTransmission();                                                      // end transmission

Wire.beginTransmission(DEVICE); // start transmission to device
  Wire.requestFrom(DEVICE, num);    // request 6 bytes from device

int i = 0;
  while(Wire.available())         // device may send less than requested (abnormal)
  {   digitalWrite(RED_LED,HIGH); 

_buff = Wire.read();    // receive a byte
    i++;
  }
  Wire.endTransmission();         // end transmission
}

Edited by jcjc
add information

Hi everyone, my proyect its working! 

I followed steps of this link:

https://e2e.ti.com/support/development_tools/code_composer_studio/f/81/t/529036?I2C-communication-does-not-appear-to-be-working-correctly-with-Energia-and-CCS-How-do-I-fix-it-

but in addition to replacing the files in the directory mentioned in the link above, I have to remplace the files in the energia1610E181\hardware\energia\msp430\libraries\Wire\utility

The files are available in the link.

thanks!