43oh

Energia with custom boards -- bootloader questions

i'm designing an embedded control system that i've prototyped with the TM4C123GXL Launchpad. i like the processor (TM4C123GH6PM) and need the speed. i'm experienced with code, hardware, board layout, etc. my question seems to be somewhat between a TI/hardware issue and an Energia software issue.

for various reasons (including a desire to let eventual end-users write code for it) i want to use the Energia IDE with boards of my own design, that use only native USB, and not the secondary debug processor.

the bootstrap process remains fairly opaque; i've read the datasheet and ROM app note etc but i seem to be missing something...

** is there a usable Energia-compatible bootstrap routine, compatible with Energia, in the ROM on TM4C123* chips i buy from Digikey?

** if not, can i use an external method to load bootstrap onto the board, that will persist, ala Arduino?

i've read that there are licensing problems with the TI USB libraries; are those entangled here?

tom