bluehash

The Terminal - 43oh OLED Booster Pack

So since the past month, I have been working on an OLED display for the Launchpad. It is a 128*64 OLED based on the SSD1306 driver. The booster pack is currently configured as SPI to a MSP430G2452. There are solder jumpers to the /CS, RST, SCLK and MOSI pins, so you can use the pins for something else too.

43oh_OLED_booster_pack_-.jpg

43oh_OLED_booster_pack_angle.jpg

43oh_OLED_booster_pack_small_large_font.jpg

43oh_OLED_booster_pack_small_female.jpg

43oh_OLED_booster_pack_small_male_pin.jpg

There are currently two font packs created for it( Courier new Large and Small) optimized for the display. These will be available in the next week to buy in the store. Just wanted to get it out here. I have parts to build eight modules till the next batch is made.

Code and schematics will be out in a few days. I'd really like to thank people who have contributed code here. I've used it in the OLED code and given credit where credit is due.

Please feel free in giving suggestions or criticizing the board.

I'm still ironing out stuff with the shop and thought this will be a good time to release something exciting.

PS: The variation of light you see in the display is because of the camera's higher shutter speed while it is drawing. With our Persistence of Vision, it appears clean and uniform.

-----------------------

Schematic : Rev v1.0
Code : Rev R01_01
Buy : Shop

---
Changes to be made for rev1.2
-- Make board stellaris launchpad capable
-- Ad mounting holes
-- 4 way joystick for UI

very nice, just a suggestion. maybe add five button or some input device? something that uses 1 adc line..

good one, It would be good for a small ui.

Usually displays will be on the top layer of the stacking shield, so buttons will be good.

Is stacking headers included?

very nice, just a suggestion. maybe add five button or some input device? something that uses 1 adc line..

Usually displays will be on the top layer of the stacking shield, so buttons will be good.

Just a thought.. why would you use stacking headers on this display if it were the top.

Also,..man stacking headers are hard to find. They ones out there are expensive to purchase at bulk. Still looking.

Just a thought.. why would you use stacking headers on this display if it were the top.

Also,..man stacking headers are hard to find. They ones out there are expensive to purchase at bulk. Still looking.

yeah... they are hard to find...hahaha..