43oh

Floats in strings on Tiva-C working in energia 0101E0015, broken in 1.6.10E18

This snippet does not give the expected results (and I know I should be checking the return code of sscanf()...), the string contains text like "60.0" when asked for a frequency.

float request = 50.0f;
      sscanf(string, "%f", &request); // having trouble since energia version 1.6.10E18 with floats...

Under version energia_0101E0015, request becomes whatever float value is in the string (say 60.0), but under energia_1.6.10E18 request remains at the initialized value.

Same with this snippet:

sprintf(timecodeBuffer, "f# %04d  ft %.03f  %02d:%02d:%02d.%02d.%03d  Squid_%c_[%02d:%02d:%02d.%02d]  delta:%.03f   \n", 
                           frameNumber, frameTime, computeHours, computeMinutes, computeSeconds, computeFrames, computeMilliSecs & 0x0000ffff, 
                   live, timecodeHours, timecodeMinutes, timecodeSeconds, timecodeFrames, timeDiff);

Under version energia_0101E0015 it prints everything fine, but under energia_1.6.10E18 the floats are printed as a blank space.  Computing with float values is not a problem.

My include section looks like this:

#include <Ethernet.h> 
#include <EthernetUdp.h>  
#include "inc/hw_ints.h"    // our TM4C1294NCPDT is in the SnowFlake interrupt class
#include "inc/hw_memmap.h"
#include "driverlib/pin_map.h"
#include "driverlib/sysctl.h" 
#include "driverlib/pwm.h" 
#include <string.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include "Wire.h"  // using the I2C bus for display

My setup:

Tiva-C connected EK-TM4C1294XL, 120 MHz tmc129
I tried upgrading to version 1.6.10E18.  I really like the new board chooser and it downloaded the appropriate drivers and build tool chain.  I think however the problem originated with the different tool chain. My OS is Kubuntu 18.04 LTS (with 32 bit libraries licb6:i386 for the lm4f tool chain to work under 64-bit ubuntu)