Sign in to follow this  
cjcj1949

attach interrupt rtc timer

The attach interrupt function works with GPIO pins. I have been able to read and write to the RTC registers. Is it possible to use the attach function to declare isrs for the RTC counter.

I am not sure what the attach function is but a quick googling suggests that it is a function in the R language.

Can you provide more context for your question please?

The post does refer to Energia. Perhaps I should have posted elsewhere. The question is really about the limitations of using interrupts in Energia. I have code that uses the 3768 crystal in Code Composer Studio and hoped that it was possible to use the 32768Hz crystal with the Real Time Counter in Energia. If a separate library is needed then I suppose RTC counter support is not supported in Energia. 

I think that for the most part Energia maintains the same functions and API as found in Arduino which does not have a RTC interrupt listed in the base reference. And while it might be possible to add it to Energia, I don’t believe it has been done.  Nonetheless, the RTC can be accessed as mentioned above. I don’t use Energia much anymore but In the LaunchPads I have the crystal is active. If you really want control of such things however it is probably best to use CCS.