43oh

I am working with the MSP430F5529 Launchpad w/the Pervasive Display Gen2 EXT2 board and various eInk displays (BW, BWR).

There seems to be a wide array of official(?) and unofficial SDKs, FW dev kits, boosterpacks, etc. available with varying degrees of compatibility with this particular LaunchPad.

I am looking for some basic pointers on creating a simple GUI tool for sending images to the display.  I can compile the latest 1.21 FW (via CCS using PDI Apps as target), flash the FW and run the (precompiled) PDI Apps Ver 1.21.exe GUI tool to send images to display, however it seems there is no source code for this GUI tool provided(?).  Or, am I just not looking in the right place?

Is there a project and/or document that explains/demonstrates creating a simple GUI or command line to interface with the hardware (for example making calls to the PDI_apps_drivers command handlers) to send an image to the display.

So far I have found two projects which seem to have potential for good starting point(?):

CCS IDE and EPD Extension Board Gen2 (EXT2)_v1.21 using the PDI Apps target _preferable_ (or the MSP430F5529 specific example target).

Energia IDE (or Visual Micro MSVS plugin) and EPD_Demo.ino with the Pervasive_EPD_BoosterPack2

(I'd prefer to use C++, but not completely opposed to python if necessary as starting point.)

Thanks for any pointers in the right direction.