Sign in to follow this  
Jeffery

MSP432P401R Remapping Pins

Part Number: MSP432P401R

I'm using MSP432P401R launchpad and I'm trying to use Energia software program my LCD screen.

however, Energia has pre-define  I/O pins map. For example, on this launchpad the pins  P3_0,P3_1,P3_2 are defined, but I did not see P3_1 anywhere. so is there anyway I could define this add to the pin map? 

and I have to use P3_1 for my design.

Thank for your help

Hi Jeffery,

Have a look at the schematic in the MSP432P401R LaunchPad Development Kit User's Guide.  P3.1 does not appear accessible, i.e. it does not appear to be brought out to the headers. 

From the datasheet:

image.thumb.png.52e98408ccb2bc7fd32d4535b7862111.png

What are you doing that you must use that pin?

@fmilburn It is brought out to JP4.1 as RTS for the backchannel UART so it is accessible if a jumper is removed (it is not in place on my LaunchPad and I cannot remember if I removed it earlier, I believe not). I have a black edition if that matters.

Terje

I don't use Energia for the MSP432 so I don't know if you can - I am not sure it has a pins.h file.  You can look in github and see what has been provided there, e.g. https://github.com/energia/Energia/tree/master/hardware/msp432/cores/msp432/driverlib

I imagine you could use #define and DriverLib to set something up.