43oh

Bluetooth Booster Pack / Breakout board - HC05/HC06

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fix 1 up for testing.   Since it is just a simple breakout board, it works pretty well.

BluePack BoosterPack PCB Wiki Link 43oh Store Link SeeedStudio Store Link   HI Guys,, I will be making a breakout board / Launch Pad booster pack for the Bluetooth module. This will be my first

Final.. I will not try to stuff the board to 50x50mm.  

Posted Images

Very nice! One thing I found with my module - Hook it into the LP without the 430 on board and you can still use the serial port on your computer. Helped me get the BT name changed and do testing.

Those should go up in the store - I'd buy one for sure!

yeah, that why design the board so you can cut it off and use it as a stand alone breakout board.

The HC05 and HC06 pare generic CSR BlueCore4 (IIRC), they are much more capable than what it is programmed to do

But these are meant to be cheap and simple device, pretty much plug and play.

I will try to work out something with bluehash, to get it up the store, either as a full booster or bare-boards.

Regards,

Terence

Price range? just curious.. I was looking to make this EXACT same board, even had the eagle design started.. and the tx rx swap jumpers.. and a usb connector pad (these hc05/06 have pins for audio and usb) and then i found yours. i was a little miffed but great design.. sadly it looks like there are no original ideas left in my head, just copies of everyone else's haha. I was looking at about $10 for booster/stackable header/ and hc05 all together.. whats your price guna be abouts?

Price range? just curious.. I was looking to make this EXACT same board, even had the eagle design started.. and the tx rx swap jumpers.. and a usb connector pad (these hc05/06 have pins for audio and usb) and then i found yours. i was a little miffed but great design.. sadly it looks like there are no original ideas left in my head, just copies of everyone else's haha. I was looking at about $10 for booster/stackable header/ and hc05 all together.. whats your price guna be abouts?

Yeah, with PCB fab being so cheap now, you should make your own.

As with everything I do in EE, this is not much of a design, more like a hack, it is just a breakout board, I used Seeed Studio's Arduino BT Shield as reference for the design (hence the board shape).

Thanks to RobG and others's correction and suggestion, I got it done.

Have not thought bout the price range yet, will see if bluehash is interested in selling it in the store, it will be more than $10 excluding shipping if you want the PCB, long headers and HC-05. haha, I am not a fantastic buyer, the cheapest HC-05 I can find is US$9 and US$6.6 for HC-06 (deal extreme , shipping took a month).

To use the audio and and usb you need to reprogram the module, that is beyond my skill set for now but I broke out all the pins for experimentation etc later.

I am making another simpler, functional and cleaner design, without the breaking out all the pins on the module.

Regards,

Terence

hey PentiumPC i know it might be too little too late but I wanted to share my findings on the compatibility of the hc06 and 05.

According to http://www.hmangas.com/Electronica/Datasheets/Bluetooth%20Module/HC%20Serial%20Bluetooth%20Products%20201104.pdf, the two are not pin compatable, most notably the LED and KEY lines.. I don't have the two in front of me but I wanted to know if you did? are there hardware differences? I found this guy http://byron76.blogspot.com/ that has updated the hc06 to an hc05 to get AT commands and more functionality with success but i don't know if that swaps the pins around? if its just a io pin change or if its actually hardwired in. the HC06 can actually be used alone with AT commands, you can toggle io pins by command.. seems pretty cool. I'll be doing alot more investigating when i get my own chips. (ordered some from deal extreme). I just wanted to warn you if you're planning on using hc05 instead of hc06 vise/verse. My bluetooth booster will be coming out soon, hope it turns out half as nice as yours :) nice work again.

And btw, the key pin is to force the chip into AT mode, and can be used to reset serial speed if you forget it, but you probably knew that

HC05 and HC06 hardware is the same, just firmware difference. Chips can be programmed by SPI with CSR blue wave SDK. The key and led pin can be reprogramed to any PIO you want, but programming the CSR BC04 is beyond my skill set.

The booster pack/ breakout board I did was for the 2 most common BlueCore 04 config on ebay, extra pins broke out is for future use or other that wants to experiment and have access to CSR's SDK.

Yeah, I got mine HC06 on deal extreme too but they screw up and deliver it only after 1 month or so, tired of waiting, I order some HC05 from ebay.

Good to hear your booster pack is coming, I want to do a neater and nicer simplified booster pack for the HC05 (no pin breakout) but it will be a while more before I send it out, day job catching up, working on a new ad for a new ride at the theme park.

Regards,

Terence