Graham

SRAM decay and reset

Hi all,

I have a potentially odd question. I am using and MSP430FR5994 board and would like to measure SRAM decay. However, whenever I toggle the system from on to off and then on again the locations in SRAM that I am reading are full of random of values. While I would expect random values, I would not expect them at the timescales that I have the system off. The system is off for no more than 10ms. According to https://spqr.eecs.umich.edu/papers/rahmati-usenix12.pdf that should be short enough where I get very little decay. I should also specify that the random values seem to be consistent across runs; what I mean is they don't really seem random at all since the values appear each time.

Some Questions:

1. Could this have something to with my SRAM controller settings? I do not set anything in this regard.

2. Could this have something to do with the way I am powering the board? Probably out of the scope of this forum, but I do have a capacitor, so even though I say "turn off," the voltage supplied to the board usually does not reach zero.

Cheers!