43oh

Hi all, 

I just wanted to add a couple comments as a newbie. 

1. Is there a "netiquette" for indicating that an issue is resolved?

2. I came to 430h because (as I recall) I was referred here by e2e. So now it's forever ingrained in my head that "oh, 430h is the Enegia form". But then I read in a post that users are worried that 430h is just going to be seen as an Energia. So I'm glad that's it's more than just for Energia. It also seems to be a bit more soft around the edges/friendlier than e2e.

3. For pedagogical purposes, I would like to use Energia projects in CCS. The problem is there are too many include files. On one end of the spectrum are very small code examples in CCS and on the other end of the spectrum are highly developed code in the Energia examples. So I would like something in between, a simplified/flattened (less hierarchy) version of some of the examples. I've created one for LiquidCrystal but it took me a day. And that was probably an easy one. Does anyone have a suggestion?

thank you and sorry for the rant!

@nixnerd3

Welcome to 43oh.

1 hour ago, nixnerd3 said:

1. Is there a "netiquette" for indicating that an issue is resolved?

Not really. Some members  prefix the title with [SOLVED]. Some come back with a response and a thank you. Some don't, but the community really appreciates the first two.

1 hour ago, nixnerd3 said:

2. I came to 430h because (as I recall) I was referred here by e2e. So now it's forever ingrained in my head that "oh, 430h is the Enegia form". But then I read in a post that users are worried that 430h is just going to be seen as an Energia. So I'm glad that's it's more than just for Energia. It also seems to be a bit more soft around the edges/friendlier than e2e.

43oh was started when the first Launchpads were released, around July 2010. E2E was nascent and just coming up during that time. 43oh was started so that people could share their MSP430 projects using the Launchpad(or without it). There were two other communities  that were created after that - Stellarisiti(for Tiva, then known as Stellaris) and the C2000 forum, since TI started releasing Launchpads for those architectures as well.

A few years later @energia started working on a port of Wiring for Arduino for the MSP430 Launchpad. It was requested that 43oh be the forum for people to ask question about Energia. Around the same time, it was hard to admin the remaining two community sites and also for members to keep track of posts and visitors were getting confused. It was decided to make 43oh the hub of most of TI chips. Currently, the most active forums are the MSP430 and the TIVA forums.

TL;DR 43oh is not only an Energia forum, but includes MSP430 and ARM chips from TI. 

Hope this answers your first two questions. For your 3rd, asking in the MSP430 Energia forum will help. Good questions!