Hello everyone,

I'm working on a project which is based on the MSP430F5529 MCU. As the progrom is growing up in size, i tried to upload it to the MCU but suddenly i got an error message that the .txt memory area overflowed by 64 bytes. I've searched for this problem and tried to modify the Memory file with no good results. Any help is welcome and thank you in advance.

Capture.JPG

If the compiler complains about overflow then then editing the "Memory file" will not help. You will have to find ways to reduce your flash usage. If you have large static arrays in flash, find a way to reduce them, if you are using floats, try to modify your Sketch to not use floats, etc.

Robert

This is an unfortunate feature (read issue) with the current compiler where it is not able to place code in upper memory. Hence you are limited to the lower 48k. There is work being done on an updated gcc compiler which will be able to address upper memory but this might take a while before it comes out.

:blink::blink::sad::sad:

I've tried to use the __attribute__((section(""))) but the code compiled and then got stuck when executing. Here is how i defined it :

void  __attribute__((section("REGION_FAR_TEXT"))) TempCalc(void);
void TempCalc(void)
{
  // code of the function
}

and i called it in the loop() function :

void loop()
{
  TempCalc();
}