Sign in to follow this  
Fred

CCS 5.1 available

It seems that CCS5.1 RC1 is now available. Sorry if you all knew already but I haven't seen a post about it.

http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Download_CCS

When installing it prompted me to integrate into my existing Eclipse installation, which sound good. No more multiple copies of what's essentially the same software. Unfortunately it wanted a 32-bit version of Eclipse, so I haven't tried this out yet.

[Title edited as final version is now available]

It doesn't seem to want to take my CCS4 Platinum licence file. :(

It doesn't refuse it, just stays on "20 days", so it might be a config issue. I had the same problem with CCS4 if it was installed under the "Program Files" folder in Windows.

Thanks. Anyone know if a CCSv4 lic works on V5?

It worked on the V5.1 beta, I think it might not on the v5.1 RC.. I will try when I get back home with fast internet.

Regards,

Terence

That is v5.1RC you are referring to?

It doesn't seem to want to take my CCS4 Platinum licence file. :(

It doesn't refuse it, just stays on "20 days", so it might be a config issue. I had the same problem with CCS4 if it was installed under the "Program Files" folder in Windows.

Well CCS5 cannot be bought yet, and the release candidate has a (free) license file valid till end of December.

Perhaps it will work on the final version?

Personally, i think im just going to stick with ccs4 for now, works good for me. Or are there features in CCS5 that make the switch really interesting?

You can't upgrade the license yet. Use the temporary license file on the web page that they post (valid through December). They have assured users that they can upgrade to CCS V5 as long as their CCS license is still valid.

Personally, i think im just going to stick with ccs4 for now, works good for me. Or are there features in CCS5 that make the switch really interesting?

Not really. It's closer to stock Eclipse and has Linux support. Those are the two main differences that I have observed... Aside from that, CCS v4 is probably more stable.

I've been using V5.1 on Linux for about a month now and it seems fine though, aside from the fact that there is no MSP430 support yet.

I am of the opinion that 5.1 is still best left for Linux users who want to program the C2000 and other DSP products.... Which is pretty much what 5.0 was (when they insisted that it wasn't a replacement for 4.0). Which is ironic, since there isn't yet a version of the 5.1 RC (milestone 9) for Linux yet. Maybe in a few days.

If you don't use Linux, there probably is no major reason to upgrade (yet).

I just got an email saying that my valid CCS 4 licence will be upgraded to CCS 5.1 when it's available. I don't know what GA stands for but CCS 5.1.0 GA is due on 7th November.

I just got an email saying that my valid CCS 4 licence will be upgraded to CCS 5.1 when it's available. I don't know what GA stands for but CCS 5.1.0 GA is due on 7th November.

Did that email come automatically or did you prompt them somehow?

I just tried my V4 lic and it doesn't work for me either. :problem: