Sign in to follow this  
bluehash

What are some things you would like in the Store?

When I think of what should be sold in the 43oh! store, I think, what do people like us need, that isn't widely available elsewhere, at places that we'll be ordering from anyway.

So what comes to mind for me is this:

Breakout boards for smd chips. Something for when we want to use the higher end chips, or the smd variants that have more I/O than the DIP versions. Simple adapters that let us either bring out smd pins to a breadboard, or just to break out the surface mount pins to a through hole for wiring it to another board. They are available, but can be hard to find, and with all the board etching that folks around here do, it seems like it'd be easy to build up a stock of small breakout/adapter boards in sizes for many of the more common/popular Gseries devices

Other than that, I think a bunch of "i'll need to throw these in my cart to go along with everything else" items, like 10k resistors for pullups, indicator leds, pushbutton (tactile) switches, etc.

But, most importantly, I think things specific to our 3v needs: 3.3 volt LDOs, boost and/or buck switchers, and voltage level translator chips, like TXB0108, 8 port 3.3<>5v bidirectional translator which, iirc, TI doesn't sample.

Just trying to think of what'll actually _sell_ here, because it's specifically for our needs _here_ rather than getting picked up at digi-key etc.

Thanks for your insight Hiatus.

Breakout boards for smd chips. Something for when we want to use the higher end chips, or the smd variants that have more I/O than the DIP versions. Simple adapters that let us either bring out smd pins to a breadboard, or just to break out the surface mount pins to a through hole for wiring it to another board.

Yes.. in the pipeline. Could you give some examples? I guess the 5529 is one.

Other than that, I think a bunch of "i'll need to throw these in my cart to go along with everything else" items, like 10k resistors for pullups, indicator leds, pushbutton (tactile) switches, etc.

Working on it.

But, most importantly, I think things specific to our 3v needs: 3.3 volt LDOs, boost and/or buck switchers, and voltage level translator chips, like TXB0108, 8 port 3.35v bidirectional translator which, iirc, TI doesn't sample.

I'll look into these. Never thought about them.

How about a Launchpad Starter kit? You know, the basics like a breadboard, a few caps and resistors, LEDs (Always have to have them), a few buttons, some headers, and perhaps a few things to play with on the launchpad (Sensors?)