43oh

Esc Boston:Meeting TI, Have any Questions?

Hello 43oher's,

TI has been very kind to give me a pass to the 2011 Esc Boston Conference. I'll be meeting TI's Marketing Engineer, Adrian Fernandes and will be glad to ask him questions on behalf of this Community. If you have any nice things to say, that too will be forwarded to TI.

Any questions on kits or how they could improve would be nice.

The Launchpad is an awesome introduction to the MSP430. TI has made an excellent effort to get the product into everyone's hands. However, official Booster Packs are a bit lacking. Are there any plans to introduce additional Booster Packs soon? I personally would like to see a simple, Launchpad-based alternative to the CC2500EMK or CC2520-CC2591EMK. I am, however, aware of the Golden-IC Booster Pack.

By the way... Tideals.com is awesome!

The Launchpad is an awesome introduction to the MSP430. TI has made an excellent effort to get the product into everyone's hands. However, official Booster Packs are a bit lacking. Are there any plans to introduce additional Booster Packs soon? I personally would like to see a simple, Launchpad-based alternative to the CC2500EMK or CC2520-CC2591EMK. I am, however, aware of the Golden-IC Booster Pack.

By the way... Tideals.com is awesome!

Second this! :thumbup:

You can forward this to them for me: "Your hardware and support has been fantastic.

And this! :thumbup:

(This one is actually coming partly from Rick, but this is an important one to a lot of us), can you ask about TI's (long-term) stance on MSPGCC? They are already doing the right thing with the headers and MSP430.dllv3, but how about a bit more involvement in MSPGCC (and related essential tools like mspdebug) development? Kits for developers, funding perhaps, etc.?

They are already doing the right thing with the headers and MSP430.dllv3, but how about a bit more involvement in MSPGCC (and related essential tools like mspdebug) development? Kits for developers, funding perhaps, etc.?

Remember that they have their own product to market(CCS). Seeing support for MSPGCC will be welcome, but I doubt it. It's a question nonetheless. I've already reached out to the MSPGCC guys by offering kits, but they don't seem to need any.

Maybe offering some sort of support for installing MSPGCC into CCS?

For example, Renesas allows the installation of the KPIT GNU Tools for RX into the Renesas HEW IDE alongside of the Renesas RX compiler -it allows you to select your compiler when a new project is created. Support from Renesas is limited to a converted hardware header for GNU Tools but doesn't make the full driver library very easy.

Ask them about their plans for the Stellaris.

The LM3S9B9x have been plagued with program FLASH write cycle issues (only 100 writes) and, to me, it seems like they've abandoned the M3 line because they figure that it's a waste of time.

Here are my questions:

• - Are they going to focus all their energy into replacing the M3 with the M4?
    - When will we see an M4?
    - When will we get to play with an M4 dev kit?
    - Will they make enough ICs so that I can actually get my hands on them? (Try getting an LM3S9B96 and you'll see what I mean)
    - Will they offer free updates to CSS4 to support the M4 or will they wait and put that inside of CSS5 (and make me pay for it)?
    - Will they stuff OpenRTOS inside of an M4 just like the LM3S9B96?
    - Will they give us an ebook on FreeRTOS so we can figure it out?
    - and will CSS5 run on Linux and Mac?

How's that list?

Ask them about their plans for the Stellaris.

If I can find the appropriate person, then for sure.

When will we see an M4?

M4 is sometime this or next year, I did see a roadmap somewhere. FP unit... Omm Nom Nom

- Will they make enough ICs so that I can actually get my hands on them? (Try getting an LM3S9B96 and you'll see what I mean)

Have been through that. uff! But they have been responsive to us.

- and will CSS5 run on Linux and Mac?

You mean CCS? CCS5 Limited Release is already out.

• 3 weeks later...