Sign in to follow this  
RobG

ProFLEX01 Eagle library

It works :) (depending on what you mean by work,) I can run a simple program on it, no RF yet.

I am dealing with go live issues right now and don't really have the time to test it all the way.

All my boards are available for sale, PM me for details.

Finally got the boards in from China.

These ones worked out nice, and most of the intentions are a success. There are a couple of errors, ie. the LED pin doesn't line up, but otherwise I have a slight chubby. I am still figuring out how to deal with the expansion potential of these, I was even thinking of stackable daisy chained devices which is possible with the layout.

Of course, first, I need to reflow and do some more connections. I have two versions.....

post-1413-135135515797_thumb.jpg

havent had enough time to get to that part. Never planned on being this busy, too bad it dont pay!

I am certain they will function as a breakout at the very least, but I will post when I get them running, soon I hope

Has anyone had any luck getting the modules to communicate with anything?

Hey Rob- I was wondering if you could share that hello code you got working with yours? Did you use the LP to program it or as a UART interface?

I am getting geared up to get into it, as solar projects lose their charm this time of the year in Chicago...... :mrgreen:

I was kind of stuck in a thinking rut regarding TI's power pad technology. It was my intent to provide ventilation, or in the case of power pads, freedom to solder the bottom without using a toaster oven. I think it will help cool it down, but not as much as a copper heatsink would...

Update: The hole works nice for tape during reflow action

I finally got a chance to solder one of these modules to RobG's board and the module and board do indeed work. Going to iron out some things with CCSV5 on linux to see if I can get some wireless working on it as well.

in the last year i have fabbed a couple of simple pin out pcbs to plug into a breadoard. these mods come preprogrammed with the lsr firmware/software to play ping pong. works well out of the box. I have found the difficulty with the mod is zigbee. lots to learn here. ended up needing to get iar. please do infom if you have any success wth linux or ccs....