Sign in to follow this  
bluehash

$125 off the Evalbot - ARM Cortex M3 - Only $25

...but maybe if you strapped a wireless router to it...

I have a wireless router about the size of a deck of cards that might work (La Fonera v1). ;)

Otherwise, I'd probably just ditch the wheels. Or...substitute servos to aim a camera... :twisted:

To me, it seems a bit silly to have something ethernet-connected, if it's a bot with wheels... but maybe if you strapped a wireless router to it...

Pocket Wifi-routers like the la fonera, or dell or dlink pocket routers are around 50 new. You can pick them up cheaper on sale or ebay. There are also 3g to ethernet adaptors. Small, non-power-hungry, perfect for this bot.

Yeah, I got one around Christmas. I've only used it a little as I have too many other things going. I think it will make a nice dev board, but its mobility is pretty weak. Down the road, I'd probably like to add treads if I decide to use it as a robot. It may also take a bit of time to familiarize oneself with uC/OS. If you're like me and haven't used a microcontroller operating system before, you should plan on doing some reading.

oops I didn't notice the second page. I had mine estimated to ship by dec 13 but now its in January some thing. its pissing me off cause i want to cancel that credit card but they have not charged it yet. I don't mind waiting though cause I am concentrating on my stm32 challenge right now

Any links to good docs on this thing? from what I understand, it doesn't come with any.

It finally came! It actually reached my house yesterday, but I'm in college at the moment, so there was a bit of a delay in me getting the package. And I have to wait until tomorrow or Monday to assemble it. BUT IT'S HERE!

I am working on the stm32 right now to get https to work

Oooh! I would be interested in info on connecting the STM32 to a network. Any juicy resources for me? :D

My blog has some tutorials but its not edited yet. It goes right up to building polarssl for https to fit under 32k. Though for now it just connects to a program on the PC via serial and it forwards it to the net (included in the blog). I am also writing up on the random number generator so that should be done soon. Its my first write up of any thing though so go easy on me lol. I am planning on using a wifi chip rather than programing an IP stack but I am waiting for pay day to buy it. ST has the firm ware for IP stack if you want it. I don't have the url now but I can find it if you need it. Finally, I don't have a place to upload any of the source codes yet so if you want them just let me know and I can send them.