43oh

CC1101 BoosterPack

After reading some of the Launchpad shield discussion here and while I'm waiting around for my Chronos, I figured I would design a nice Arduino-style "shield" to go on the Launchpad that uses the CC1100 sub-1GHz RF chips to interface with the Chronos. The CC1100 only uses SPI, so the shield should be stackable (in theory).

Here's an initial schematic I whipped up-

Edit: Gah, I screwed up with the left side headers. No biggie.

post-4414-135135507354_thumb.png

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After reading some of the Launchpad shield discussion here and while I'm waiting around for my Chronos, I figured I would design a nice Arduino-style "shield" to go on the Launchpad that uses the CC11

I'm not trying to thwart your plans, but I found a link to this webpage when looking up info on the g2553.   I can't post links since I'm too new, but if you google the part number "430boost-cc110l"

Possibly the final version of the board, unless I find some glaring issues: I dropped the Fraunchpad idea because there was no good way to attach it to the board...

Posted Images

Cool!. I have a few of these chips and was thinking about building a prototype. I'd gladly buy a few boards. They should be pretty easy to build with minimal parts. The official modules from TI are overpriced.

I have to order in a batch of 10 if I want these professionally made. I'd be willing to send people some if they pay a few bucks for the board/shipping. The CC1101 can be gotten as a sample from TI.

It turns out there's a lot of room left over after putting the chip on... Maybe I'll put on an LCD or some buttons as well.

that is a kind offer, but I am looking for/designing a mount for the flex module from LS Research, or similairily the MChip module. Have a look at the deals section, you may want to get yourself a demo of the flex for the price of shipping.

KB

• 2 weeks later...

Found some time to figure out the RF connectors on the Fraunchpad. I couldn't make any sense of the RF1/RF2 connectors, so I ended up using the ezRF (RF3) connector, which isn't broken out on the board.

For reference:

ezRF on the Fraunchpad:

RFPWR - GND

P1.0 - P2.0

P1.1 - P2.6 (eUSCI_A1 SOMI / SDO)

P1.2 - P2.5 (eUSCI_A1 SIMO / SDI)

P2.3 (eUSCI_A1 slave /cs) - P2.7

GND - P4.0

P2.4 (eUSCI_A1 clock) - P4.1

P2.2 - P1.7

P1.6 - P1.3

Fraunchpad: http://www.ti.com/tool/msp-exp430fr5739 ... 57xx-pr-tf

Datasheet: http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/slau343/slau343.pdf

The Fraunchpad page says it has 1 USCI block, which I'm assuming means it has eUSCI_A0 and eUSCI_A1. Still new to this stuff, so not quite sure.

post-4414-135135510686_thumb.png