43oh

can anyone help me with this? The measurements are pretty much spot on, but i am not sure where to go from this point with the pcb file. I found some discrepancies with the footprint they provide, but a little fudge made it work, i think :) We should do the group thing here, but it would be hard to wait a month looking at this thing sitting there, begging to be used....

post-1413-135135508291_thumb.jpg

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I came across these promotional items the other day:   http://components.arrow.com/part/detail ... 91464N1044   Try not to be to greedy, and shipping isnt so cheap!   they are difficult to work

Hello Kenemon, I'm willing to sponsor a batch of 10PCBs from Seeed, otherwise what good are the adverts. Currently Hyland Savior is also trying to make one here which will also be getting sponsored.

I took a closer look at the antenna and I think it should be pretty easy to use the built-in one. It appears that the only part missing is a little piece of shorting chip (judging by the picture of th

Posted Images

This is a "development kit".

It has the transceiver and the uC built in.

DId someone think they were going to send them a dozen free boards? :oops:

Like I said earlier, try to be cool and make the moment last..... FOR EVERYONE :silent:

Rather than a standalone breakout PCB, how about a Launchpad shield that does the following:

1. Breaks out as much of the spare IO as possible.

2. Allows people to easily connect to the Launchpad's emulator, so the uC can be programmed over the Spy-by-wire with no effort.

3. Connect a dipole antenna?

4. Optional power connector?

These things could be powerful little devices for all sorts of wireless automation tasks! After programming it on a Launchpad, it could be removed and powered externally.

Just some ideas. Anyone else have any? Mine haven't arrived yet so I haven't actually been able to take a good look at what we are working with.

Rather than a standalone breakout PCB, how about a Launchpad shield that does the following:

1. Breaks out as much of the spare IO as possible.

2. Allows people to easily connect to the Launchpad's emulator, so the uC can be programmed over the Spy-by-wire with no effort.

3. Connect a dipole antenna?

4. Optional power connector?

These things could be powerful little devices for all sorts of wireless automation tasks! After programming it on a Launchpad, it could be removed and powered externally.

Just some ideas. Anyone else have any? Mine haven't arrived yet so I haven't actually been able to take a good look at what we are working with.

Thing is, the module already has an msp430 on it, so in my opinion, it would work best as a standalone system with broken-out IO pins.

I think you have the right idea with the shield. The first challenge is to get this baby pinned. This could be easily "stacked" on another board, and eventually built into a specific design. The LP is such an powerful and affordable I/O processor, that my plan was to use it to handle this, and let the module take over the wireless, initially it could resemble Tron, which was a breakout for the tssop footprint, but same concept:

post-1413-135135508322_thumb.jpg

NJC did this for a bluetooth module :

http://www.msp430launchpad.com/2011/08/adding-bluetooth-to-your-msp430-project.html

Dear ______,

Unfortunately there was a technical issue that caused the wrong price for this part to be displayed on our website. The actual price is $8.00/unit. Are you still interested in these parts? Sorry for the confusion. Please advise if you are still interested in ordering these.

Thanks,

Conor Hickey

Inside Sales Representative

Knew it was too good to be true. :P

$8 still isn't a bad price.