Attend Avnet C2000 Webinar and Get CCS v4 Free

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mail arrived:  

Yep, the software must be linked to the coupon code. I ordered the controlstick, got about $6,- discount, and now the mail. 34 dollar for kit + software, awesome deal.

You can change your mac id a limited amount of times in your Account on TI. After that, you need to call them.

Posted Images

That's with only the controlstick then? Didn't have to order CCS in the cart?

Yep, the software must be linked to the coupon code. I ordered the controlstick, got about $6,- discount, and now the mail. 34 dollar for kit + software, awesome deal.

Thanks! Ordering mine now. Glad someone had the guts to do it first. :D

They sent me a code. I was able to create a license file and use it on CCS V5.1 Linux! Note the "Licensed" in the bottom.

There still is no MSP430 support (which doesn't bother me, since I like GCC), but now I at least have a C2000 compiler for when my Piccolo controlStick arrives. Only problem is that all of the examples and lots of other header files are part of controlSuite, which is annoying. I'll just have to figure out how to copy them over to here from a Windows box, since everything seems to be installable via an EXE.

post-2981-135135513605_thumb.png

I received by Piccolo Stick today (and the TTL DataBook, man that thing is heavy :P ), installed the licenced CCS4 Platinum yesterday evening, configured it now, and,

I have, the always amazing, variable blinkyleds uploaded and working!! ;) And tried the waveform example of course, but don't really get that code yet, so thought i'd start a bit easier

@Bluehash: i have seen you mention somewhere we could bug you if we had C2000 questions. Well, i looked at the example code, and i think i'm gonna have some... ghe. But will open appropriate thread in the "other microcontroller" section once i really get stuck somewhere.

They sent me a code. I was able to create a license file and use it on CCS V5.1 Linux! Note the "Licensed" in the bottom.

Still don't get why your ordering is so much different than mine. But glad you got it to work, and 5.1 even :)

Cheers!

I received by Piccolo Stick today (and the TTL DataBook, man that thing is heavy :P ), installed the licenced CCS4 Platinum yesterday evening, configured it now, and,

I have, the always amazing, variable blinkyleds uploaded and working!! ;) And tried the waveform example of course, but don't really get that code yet, so thought i'd start a bit easier

Just out of curiosity, how large are the folders in controlSuite that contain all of the examples and headers for the C2000? I don't have access to these since controlSuite is for Windows only, but I'm debating installing them on a Windows box and then moving them over.

Just out of curiosity, how large are the folders in controlSuite that contain all of the examples and headers for the C2000? I don't have access to these since controlSuite is for Windows only, but I'm debating installing them on a Windows box and then moving them over.

Well curiously enough the cd did not work at my home. So i downloaded the complete controlsuite, thats about 420Mb. It contains everything.

Also had to download some C2000 additions after installing Platinum CCS4 (with C2000 selected) to get everything to work.

What is TI's stance on Node locking? do they regenerate new license for you if you replace you computer??

If yes, how often can you do that?

I am using Parallel (I think it generates it's own MAC id), thinking of install boot camp instead or in the future moving it into a new PC.

Regards,

Terence

Do you know if you had to register for and attend the webinar to use the promo code? I'm considering getting a Picollo stick just for the full CCS.

I don't need it for anything I'm doing right now (still a noob), but might get a metawatch or ez430-RF2560 Bluetooth board and I assume full CCS is required for those.

Do you know if you had to register for and attend the webinar to use the promo code? I'm considering getting a Picollo stick just for the full CCS.

I don't need it for anything I'm doing right now (still a noob), but might get a metawatch or ez430-RF2560 Bluetooth board and I assume full CCS is required for those.

I didn't register or attend the seminar, just used the code. I hope that is enough.

Thanks. I might wait and see if you get the email then. :)

I've got no need for a Piccolo stick right now - too many devices to play with already and my first kid is due in 2 weeks so won't have much time either. I don't want to order the stick and be rejected for the email with the CCS key.

Thanks. I might wait and see if you get the email then. :)

I've got no need for a Piccolo stick right now - too many devices to play with already and my first kid is due in 2 weeks so won't have much time either. I don't want to order the stick and be rejected for the email with the CCS key.

Just get another and wait for the mail, make it into a toy for your baby, congrats..

too bad my son don't have any interest in any of my hobbies.. lol..