Forum sending old emails Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
hemangjoshi37a

UART Communication between Arduino and MSP430F5529

Dear Developers,

I want to send data from MSP430F5529 to my Arduino Nano through UART connection. But somehow it is not working filne. I have used voltage devider circuit to convert Arduino's 5V to MSP's 3.3V. 

Connection

Arduino's RX -> MSP's TX

Arduino's TX -> MSP's RX

Ground of Both -> ground of voltage devicer.

Code of Arduino :

const int chipSelect = 10;

String inByte = " ";
void setup() {
  // initialize both serial ports:
  Serial.begin(9600);

}

void loop() {
  if(Serial.available())
 {
    char b = Serial.read();
    Serial.println(b);
  }

delay(50);
}

Code of MSP430F5529

void setup() {

Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
  Serial.write("Hii");

delay(50);
}

Please Help me.

Thank you.

From Arduino's Serial terminal I should get "Hii" message but it is not showing anything.

Infact I found that the MSP is just not transmitting anything by connecting Tx pin of MSP to oscilloscope  and not getting any signal.

9 minutes ago, hemangjoshi37a said:

From Arduino's Serial terminal I should get "Hii" message

How? Your Arduino is connected to the MSP board. Is it connected to the PC in the same time? I don't think you can share the U(S)ART link in this way.

When you check it with the oscilloscope, is the MSP board connected to the Arduino/PC, or alone?

Arduino is connected to PC through USB cable and to MSP through TX/RX Pins. (to both at same time.)

But When I  transmit anything through Arduino, It shows on oscilloscope as well as on serial terminal. Why so?? So that in arduino we can intercept the serial signal and in MSP we cant. right??

Arduino -> PC & MSP: one output TX (arduino) "speaking" to two inputs (RX PC & RX MSP)

Arduino <- PC & MSP: two outputs (TX PC & TX MSP) trying to drive in the same time different logic levels on the same line (RX Arduino).

So what is this?? solution ??

6 minutes ago, LiviuM said:

Arduino -> PC & MSP: one output TX (arduino) "speaking" to two inputs (RX PC & RX MSP)

Arduino <- PC & MSP: two outputs (TX PC & TX MSP) trying to drive in the same time different logic levels on the same line (RX Arduino).

look man just forget about connection to PC, because arduino and MSP both are connected to PC through USB cable, Not using RS232 connection.

And very basic question is why MSP is not able to develop any signal on TX pin while I am transmitting some data. however Arduino generates signal on TX pin when I try to transmit some data using same code.

Nice, I wasn't expected it to work with two parallel TX signals.

Sorry for the false hints (and not telling you that you have wrong connections :)).

Hey yo. I thought it would work but it is still not working. And guess what, I am a advance member now......yay.......

You said I have wrong connections. Well I have connected Tx pin to Rx and Rx pin to Tx, Isn't it right bro??