43oh

Basic Blink program MSP430

I did not change any of the code and I used the same LaunchPad (MSP-EXP430FR5739). The output of the the log window is exactly the same. Can you try changing 

#define LED RED_LED

to

#define LED GREEN_LED

Just in case that LED1 is broken? This should blink BLUE LED4.

1 minute ago, energia said:

I did not change any of the code and I used the same LaunchPad (MSP-EXP430FR5739). The output of the the log window is exactly the same. Can you try changing 

#define LED RED_LED

to

#define LED GREEN_LED

Just in case that LED1 is broken? This should blink BLUE LED4.

Yeah I tried that but doesn't work still. Do you think it may be a problem with the MSP itself

Could be but I doubt it since it uploads fine. Can you try the ASCIITable example under Communication. Make sure you that you change Serial.begin(115200) to Serial.begin(9600). This MSP is board is only capable of outputting Serial with 9600 baud. Then select the Serial port under Tools->Port (should be something like "/dev/cu.uart-69FF427A4D065125"). Then open the Serial monitor and make sure that the baud rate is set to 9600 in the lower right corner. Then press the little reset button near the RF3 header. It might take a couple seconds for the Serial output to show the output.

25 minutes ago, energia said:

Could be but I doubt it since it uploads fine. Can you try the ASCIITable example under Communication. Make sure you that you change Serial.begin(115200) to Serial.begin(9600). This MSP is board is only capable of outputting Serial with 9600 baud. Then select the Serial port under Tools->Port (should be something like "/dev/cu.uart-69FF427A4D065125"). Then open the Serial monitor and make sure that the baud rate is set to 9600 in the lower right corner. Then press the little reset button near the RF3 header. It might take a couple seconds for the Serial output to show the output.

Thanks for the responses. I opened ASCIITable example it already had Serial.begin(9600). I did everything as you mentioned but I still did not see a thing on the serial monitor.

Serial port is not the one you mentioned. IT is the one I attached on my pic

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 11.54.22 AM.png

Very odd. Just to make sure, all all the jumpers installed next to the word EMULATION. It has the folling jumpers in that row: VCC, TXD, RXD, RST and TEST. I have had some issues with users that had the VCC jumper removed. The program will still upload but will not execute.

1 hour ago, energia said:

Very odd. Just to make sure, all all the jumpers installed next to the word EMULATION. It has the folling jumpers in that row: VCC, TXD, RXD, RST and TEST. I have had some issues with users that had the VCC jumper removed. The program will still upload but will not execute.

what do you mean "installed"? I see all those labels, but  I don't know what you want me to check exactly.

1 hour ago, energia said:

Also make sure that the MSP_PWR jumper is installed.

Where is that in the board and how do I know if it is installed? I see PWR in the board