energiabeginner

Operation of MSP430G2231 at 16MHz

Being a beginner, i am facing an issue with operating frequency of MSP430G2231(hereafter G2231) board in energia. If i am operating G2231 at 1MHz frequency, it takes nearly 2.5 sec to wake up from reset. In order to reduce this wake up(turn on time), i edited boards.txt (available in energia folder under hardware. File is attached) to operate at 16MHz. But it happened totally opposite and now it takes nearly 40sec to turn on from reset

Can someone point out my mistakes? I need to reduce this wake up time. If there is any other way to do it, kindly suggest me that. Thanks in advance. 

boards.txt

boards_available.jpg

FWIW: using energia to program an msp430g2231 is an exercise in frustration.  If you really want to use this chip, you would be better off using the TI C samples and the CCS IDE.  Energia has been becoming less and less friendly to the smaller msp430g series for a long time.  It is really focused on the higher end boards like the msp430f5529, msp430frxxxx boards, and msp432.  Much of the msp430g support is broken in Energia 1.6.10E18.