43oh

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@@yyrkoon   Joe and his brother built the company from the ground up. Their software was written in house. Their product is top notch. They are good people.   EEVBlog has done a teardown.   And

You'll find a use for it soon enough.

@@yyrkoon   I have the genuine Saleae and a chinese counterfeit. Their hardware and software is solid. The counterfeit ... well, you get what you pay for.   FYI, they are under pressure by the far

You'll find a use for it soon enough.

Maybe . . .

SO the reason why i needed this was to observe / debug DALI packets outgoing from my controller. Now, we've changed our project slightly to use std UART for the communications instead. Technically I could also use it to observe RS232 / RS485 packets, but I do not think it'll be necessary. Perhaps on the remote end to check for noise or errors. As we still plan on doing serial over distance.

I wasn't implying it was necessarily for this project. I think a logic analyser is pretty much essential for debugging anything when doing microcontroller work. Once it's too complex to use an LED - e.g. any serial protocols, timing, clocks - it'll likely be the first tool you turn to.