Sign in to follow this  
MSP432

MSP432P401R UART

Hi,

I am using MSP432P401R to make a UART connection and talk to a board. I have found in the datasheet that MSP432 supports only one UART (RX-P3.2, TX-P3.3).

In this case when I use serial to transmit and receive from the other board, Can there be a way i can view the data on serial monitor? How to realize this? I have read in other posts about software serial where GPIOs can be used as serial pins. Can someone brief it for me.

My project basically is to read bytes from MCP39F501 onto MSP432P401R and then transmit that data using MODBUS TCP protocol with CC3100 boaster pack.

If you look at the data sheet find the pins named UCA0TX UCA0RX ... UCA3TX UCA3RX. There are four hardware ones.  I don't know which of these are actually pinned out on the launchpad board. But you should check.  They are available for use.

Thanks for your reply. Previously i was referring only to the pin layout of MSP432 in energia where they showed only one RX,TX. did not check the datasheet (i mistakenly mentioned it as datasheet above).

By saying two serial ports do you mean Serial.begin() and Serial1.begin() ??

I am trying to establish an UART communication using Serial1.begin() and using Serial.begin() as serial monitor. I am having bad time making it work.

The same code is working with TM4C1294 and MSP430F5529. Is there any other way to access other serial pins on MSP432 using energia?