Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'MSP430 USB to UART'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • News
    • Announcements
    • Suggestions
    • New users say Hi!
  • Spotlight!
    • Sponsor Spotlight
    • Sponsor Giveaways
  • Energia
    • Energia - MSP
    • Energia - TivaC/CC3XXX
    • Energia - C2000
    • Energia Libraries
  • MSP Technical Forums
    • General
    • Compilers and IDEs
    • Development Kits
    • Programmers and Debuggers
    • Code vault
    • Projects
    • Booster Packs
    • Energia
  • Tiva-C, Hercules, CCXXXX ARM Technical Forums
    • General
    • SensorTag
    • Tiva-C, Hercules, CC3XXX Launchpad Booster Packs
    • Code Vault
    • Projects
    • Compilers and IDEs
    • Development Kits and Custom Boards
  • Beagle ARM Cortex A8 Technical Forums
    • General
    • Code Snippets and Scripts
    • Cases, Capes and Plugin Boards
    • Projects
  • General Electronics Forum
    • General Electronics
    • Other Microcontrollers
  • Connect
    • Embedded Systems/Test Equipment Deals
    • Buy, Trade and Sell
    • The 43oh Store
    • Community Projects
    • Fireside Chat
  • C2000 Technical Forums
    • General
    • Development Kits
    • Code Vault
    • Projects
    • BoosterPacks

Calendars

There are no results to display.


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Location


Interests


Sparkfun


Github

Found 1 result

  1. Hello All, Recently I was working with some MSP430 project on my MSP430G2 board. But suddenly the USB-UART connection started not-working. I sniffed P1.2 using a logic analyzer and it looks like the data is coming properly. But it seems that it is not propagating to the PC USB port properly. I used HW-UART by switching the jumpers also. I sniffed the pin 32 of the TUSB3410VF pin also. The signal seems to be coming to that location also. My logic analyzer can decode that. I assume the TUSB chip is gone or some driver issue. I installed the MSP430 Application UART driver. I tried on Windows 7x64 and Windows 8.1x64. But with no luck. The device gets listed in the device manager properly. So I believe the descriptors are also correct. In fact I checked the descriptors using 'usbview' tool. I believe the descriptors are stored in the TUSB chips 8051 MCU. That means part of the TUSB chip is working. Maybe the TUSB MCU firmware is corrupted. Can someone help me with this? Is there any other driver that I need to install? I don't have another MSP430 board at the moment. So any help would be greatly appreciated to solve the issue. PS: USB descriptors Device Descriptor: bcdUSB: 0x0110 bDeviceClass: 0x00 bDeviceSubClass: 0x00 bDeviceProtocol: 0x00 bMaxPacketSize0: 0x08 (8) idVendor: 0x0451 (Texas Instruments) idProduct: 0xF432 bcdDevice: 0x0100 iManufacturer: 0x01 iProduct: 0x02 iSerialNumber: 0x03 bNumConfigurations: 0x01 ConnectionStatus: DeviceConnected Current Config Value: 0x01 Device Bus Speed: Full Device Address: 0x05 Open Pipes: 5 Endpoint Descriptor: bEndpointAddress: 0x82 IN Transfer Type: Interrupt wMaxPacketSize: 0x0040 (64) bInterval: 0xFF Endpoint Descriptor: bEndpointAddress: 0x03 OUT Transfer Type: Bulk wMaxPacketSize: 0x0040 (64) bInterval: 0xFF Endpoint Descriptor: bEndpointAddress: 0x83 IN Transfer Type: Bulk wMaxPacketSize: 0x0040 (64) bInterval: 0xFF Endpoint Descriptor: bEndpointAddress: 0x81 IN Transfer Type: Interrupt wMaxPacketSize: 0x0040 (64) bInterval: 0x01 Endpoint Descriptor: bEndpointAddress: 0x01 OUT Transfer Type: Interrupt wMaxPacketSize: 0x0040 (64) bInterval: 0x01
×