mark0 got a reaction from Fmilburn in NOOB: Code review and feedback - chicken coop door and solar tracker
I finally got the code working. I used a different LDR between breadboarding and the final build, and it's has different light/resistance properties.
I havent yet got the short/long button push working.
Serial comms seems temperamental, I'm not sure why.
I've added a few photos of the physical setup, now that i've tidied some of the wiring up.
Thanks for all the help!
mark0 reacted to roadrunner84 in NOOB: Code review and feedback - chicken coop door and solar tracker
You do know that it's really hard to mash though a lump of code this size and seek for errors without feedback on any other thing in the system?
I'll try to look into your code, but don't expect miracles. For a better feedback, try to slim down your code, test that the problem still occurs, then post the slimmed down code and explain the exact sequence of events that lead to the incorrect behaviour.
mark0 reacted to Fmilburn in NOOB: Code review and feedback - chicken coop door and solar tracker
I notice this is your first post - welcome! This will be a cool project when you are finished.
As @@roadrunner84 says, your code is difficult to debug by another party due to length/organization and not being able to observe the hardware while the code runs. Some suggestions:
* have you flowcharted it and is it following the flowchart?
* consider breaking it down further into functions associated with flowchart - simplify your setup() and loop() by calling functions
* debug the functions and add them one at a time to the main structure only after they are debugged
* reduce/simplify your setup(), loop() and functions down to the very minimum needed to reproduce the problem when requesting help
* work one problem at a time
You have LED indication and serial monitor output. Is that working as you expect? If so, what have you done to assure it isn't a hardware problem or hardware interface?