Jump to content
43oh

ghlawrence2000

Members
  • Content Count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ghlawrence2000

  1. Thanks for your help, I think this thread is now closed. Regards, Graham
  2. Is that possible using the basic webserver example? I am serving the image/favicon/html page from an SPI flash, using a routine I wrote myself. The routine I accept is 'blocking' but the times taken are not huge. / html = 22ms / insert.jpg = 124ms / favicon.ico = 5ms Can somebody point me in the right direction how I can write a non-blocking routine? The code for my 'servespi' routine is here. Go gently with me, I am a novice . uint32_t serveSPI(uint32_t startAdd, uint32_t endAdd, WiFiClient myClient) { uint32_t pageread =0; uint8_t databyte[256]; uint32_t address = st
  3. bluehash, many thanks! I have implemented favicon and subsequently caching of favicon and the jpeg image. Implemented keep-alive. The result is quite acceptable I think, could you try it again for me please? Regards, Graham PS, The statistics and analyses are great, but I would also like to know, on first attempt, does the page display or fail?
  4. @@bluehash, Thankyou so much, that is helpful! I will see about implementing favicon soon. I had tried using google page speed analytics, but that site you linked to is much better. Regards, Graham
  5. Hi everyone, I have been playing with my Launchpad for a couple of weeks now, and been playing with a fairly basic web server over wifi on port 9080. The port on my router is open, and I have external public access to my server. The problem is this, if I ask somebody to open the page, they say 'it doesn't work, it is just blank'. Then I tell them to click refresh, and they will see the page as intended. While I have been working on this project, I have had a tab open in IE11, and a tab open in Chrome 41. I have noticed the same symptom, first time nothing, click refresh, voila....
  6. Just an update, I figured it out eventually! Thanks to igor for at least pointing me in the right direction . Substituting 'pgm_read_dword' instead of 'pgm_read_word' does the trick!! Thanks again! Regards, Graham
  7. @@igor, I didn't think of doing that! Ok, so with the sketch modified to this :- #include <avr/pgmspace.h> const uint8_t MAIN_MENU_SIZE = 3; const char main_menu_1[] PROGMEM = "Something"; const char main_menu_2[] PROGMEM = "Nothing"; const char main_menu_3[] PROGMEM = "Everything"; PGM_P const MAIN_MENU_LABELS[MAIN_MENU_SIZE] PROGMEM = { main_menu_1, main_menu_2, main_menu_3 }; void setup() { char buf[20]; Serial.begin(115200); // I can print out a single menu item like this: strcpy_P(buf, main_menu_1); Serial.println(buf); // To get the same thing out of MAIN_MEN
  8. Hi everyone, I am new to the CC3200, but moderately familiar with Arduino MEGA2560 and DUE models, one being AVR the other being ARM. My problem is PROGMEM and pointers related, and before you all flame me and tell me there is no progmem in an ARM based system, I know. But, I have already spent days at this and got nowhere, google etc, so if somebody could possibly assist me with this I would be MOST appreciative! So far I have dumped the webserver sketch and have just a few lines of code which I will include in a moment. The following sketch will compile and run on my MEGA and my
  9. I rushed out and bought ESP-01 and ESP-12 since they were too cheap to miss, but to be honest, I have scrapped them and just bought a CC3200 Launchpad, and so far loving the extensive ENGLISH documentation and reliability. Hands down, CC3200 beats ESP8266 in my opinion. Not to mention the $15 I wasted spent on the ESP modules before deciding they were not reliable or stable enough. Reliability is poor, they seem to 'hang' at any opportunity even though AT firmware 0.95 is 'supposed' to address the stability issues, it does not! I am not saying the ESP8266 does not have masses of potential,
×
×
  • Create New...