1. Enable turning on attic fan when inside, outside, and attic temperatures indicate it's beneficial
2. Open Garage door when a crypto signed request is made
3. Send XMPP/Email and sound buzzer when garage door is open too long.
4. Leave expansion for future sensors, monitoring, and control.
* Beaglebone Black
* http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057OC5O8 Relay to control fan, and garage door open/close, and buzzer.
* QTY 3 https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11050 1-wire temp sensors to monitor attic, inside, and outside temps. To allow monitoring when best to turn on fan.
* Wifi, any difference in reception? Anything better out there?
* QTY 2: One for door up, one for door down, to help make sure it never gets confused:
* buzzer (hopefully audible from inside the house).
* 5V/2000mA UL listed power adapter http://www.adafruit.com/products/276
* Anything obvious missing?
* Should everything be compatible/relatively easy to integrate?
* Any suggestions for where to get a few hundred feet or wire for handling things like the temp
sensors, magnetic switches, and to replace the existing garage door opening switch?
* Any better parts than the above? Especially the buzzer.
* Any nice project cases with a few audio/rj11/rj45 built in to enable easy pluggable
connections to 4 to 8 low voltage data lines?
Comments? Suggestions? Links to similar projects?
Oh I did find this one based on a Rasberry Pi: