Jump to content

StefanSch

Members
  • Content Count

    11
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

StefanSch last won the day on May 2

StefanSch had the most liked content!

1 Follower

About StefanSch

  • Rank
    Member

Recent Profile Visitors

189 profile views
  1. StefanSch

    MSP430G2 no communication

    To solve the UART issue go to the pins_energia.h file for the selected device MSP-EXP430G2452LP and try to update / modify this lines: static const uint8_t DEBUG_UARTRXD = 4; /* Receive Data (RXD) at P1.2 */ static const uint8_t DEBUG_UARTTXD = 3; /* Transmit Data (TXD) at P1.1 */ This seems to be wrong in the current version but i have no idea why this worked before as i could not find an update where this has been changed. To solve the issue with I2C you need to select the other I2C interface with setModule(0); The default mapping of the I2C interface to the pins 8 and 9 change a while ago but with the setModule you still can select the other I2C interface if available.
  2. StefanSch

    Blink example too slow

    Thanks for the feedback. Good to know it is working for you. Having a user not familiar with the syntax of compiler warnings this could be very confusing. So having a shorter reporting makes this easier. As the Energia or Arudino is also targeted for users without great experience on Microcontroller and compiler this makes sense. ~ Stefan
  3. StefanSch

    Blink example too slow

    this issue got already fixed a while ago - unfortunately the fix did not get merged into the master branch. Just did the update there so it will go into the next release. Meanwhile you can fix this locally with patching the wiring.c file. In the function InitClock update the first lines to: void initClocks(void) { #ifdef __MSP430_HAS_BC2__ #if (defined(CAL_BC1_16MHZ) || defined(CALDCO_16MHZ_)) && F_CPU >= 16000000L BCSCTL1 = CALBC1_16MHZ; DCOCTL = CALDCO_16MHZ; #elif (defined(CAL_BC1_12MHZ) || defined(CALDCO_12MHZ_)) && (F_CPU >= 12000000L) BCSCTL1 = CALBC1_12MHZ; DCOCTL = CALDCO_12MHZ; #elif (defined(CAL_BC1_8MHZ) || defined(CALDCO_8MHZ_)) && (F_CPU >= 8000000L) BCSCTL1 = CALBC1_8MHZ; DCOCTL = CALDCO_8MHZ; #elif (defined(CAL_BC1_1MHZ) || defined(CALDCO_1MHZ_)) && (F_CPU >= 1000000L) BCSCTL1 = CALBC1_1MHZ; DCOCTL = CALDCO_1MHZ; #else #warning No Suitable Frequency found! #endif #endif
  4. StefanSch

    Port manipulation on msp-EXP430G2

    On MSP430 device you can access the port with mainly three registers: PxIN : read input from port x (8 Bit) PxOUT : set output level on port x (8 Bit) (only if direction set to output) PxDIR : set direction on port x (0:input 1: output) where x is the port number e.g. Read input inputvalue = P2IN; Set port P2.0 to output high P2DIR = 0x01; P2OUT = 0x01;
  5. Sorry meant : you may can contact.....
  6. Looks like that the variable ucg_font_mode_fnptr is not defined in the library. I may can contact the vendor of the library for support.
  7. StefanSch

    G2553 and i2c slave

    Hi great work to fix this issues. Can you make a branch and push the fixes to the github server? It would be much easier to merge them into the master branch then.
  8. StefanSch

    Energia 1.6.10E18B6 Beta available

    Try that one: ant -f build-energia.xml clean build
  9. StefanSch

    Using HW (not SW) I2C

    Notepad++ but I think this comes from somewhere else.
  10. StefanSch

    Using HW (not SW) I2C

    For the non-iso char in the hardware.cpp file i am responsible but I am also not sure how this characters went in but i am sure that this is related to windows. (for the other files i do not know) I was quite sure that this was already fixed because it was already highlighted a while ago but looks like it got lost. I also did the update for the I2C library and understand that this did break some older codes but forward looking in made the platform for being compatible across all platforms. Therefore i tried to get the option in to select the interface to make an easy switch back to the old pins. Looks i have missed some cases - even if i tested this on all launchpads which was a long and boring work !!! (As already mentioned by Robert this is an open source project and my contribution into this project is done in my private time) Still trying to understand why i have not see the issue with the multi byte and the G2553 register swap not during the testing but thanks a lot for identifying and pushing the fix. There is just on point i would like to clarify - this did not happen on a hidden server: See issue #651 and pull request #686 where this changes has been pushed to git and merge into the master quite a while ago.
  11. Hi, i am actually struggling with some char to string conversion issues. Running the below code on a CC3200 gives me the output is expect but on the MSP430 it does generate this strange code: - - -117fffffff80
×