Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Chuckymonkey

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location
  • Interests
    Programming, working on machines
  1. Just for fun I made it tweet, here's the link: https://twitter.com/SuperSmoker3000
  2. It's almost like the chip is quitting. If I unplug the sensor from the chip and then plug it back in it'll work, otherwise it just reads nothing. What I mean by that is that it'll work for a little while and then it won't, if I remove the 5V it'll register the same as if I had not done anything.
  3. I did as you suggested and copied the text in. It's working now with the pinMode being set in the constructor of the library. I didn't know about that problem with it, so excellent call on that. The readings are still way off from what I get out of the Arduino, but I'm going to play with that for a little bit and see if I can fix it.
  4. As requested here's the original Main.cpp file: #include <Energia.h> #include "inc/hw_gpio.h" #include "driverlib/rom_map.h" #include "driverlib/prcm.h" #include "driverlib/interrupt.h" #include "driverlib/systick.h" #include <driverlib/utils.h> #include "inc/hw_hib1p2.h" #include "inc/hw_hib3p3.h" extern void (* const g_pfnVectors[])(void); int main(void) { IntVTableBaseSet((unsigned long)&g_pfnVectors[0]); MAP_PRCMPeripheralClkEnable(PRCM_GPIOA0, PRCM_RUN_MODE_CLK); MAP_PRCMPeripheralClkEnable(PRCM_GPIOA1, PRCM_RUN_MODE_CLK); MAP_PRCMPeripheralClkEnable(PRCM_GPIOA2,
  5. W00t! Doing what I said above worked! I'm getting readings now! They're not correct, but they're readings so I'm on the right track finally! Thank you from the depths of my soul to Spirillis. I may try to modify the Adafruit code and see if I get better results with that. For now though I have beer to brew, if any of you that helped are in Colorado you are welcome to message me and drop in for a pint of homebrew. Here's the modified code so far: /******************************************************************************* * MAX31855 Library * Version: 1.10 * Date: 24-07-2012 * Comp
  6. So, I'm in the middle of brewing a batch of beer right now but I'll try taking the pinMode settings out of the constructor and moving those into the setup code in Energia. I'll post the results back here when I'm done.
  7. That patch cause this NPE. java.lang.NullPointerException at processing.app.debug.Compiler.execAsynchronously(Compiler.java:725) at processing.app.debug.Compiler.compileFiles(Compiler.java:597) at processing.app.debug.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:240) at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1594) at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1617) at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1603) at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2520) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) Second try, I got this core.a(startup_gcc.c.o): In fun
  8. Wish I would have known about the 1-wire version of that. I have a lot of experience with that protocol.
  9. I really think it's going to be a fun project. I'm going to mount all of this in a plastic project box with a power tail as the exposed power source. The idea being that you take this box, plug power input to one end, output to the other, and then jack in a few sensors(thermocouple initially) to jacks I'm going to mount in the box. You put it in learning mode so the PID algorithm can figure out how your temperatures rise and fall and then after that you use the thing. Trying to make it so anyone can build one and attach it to pretty much any electric smoker.
  10. I've also tried this code: /******************************************************************************* * MAX31855 Library * Version: 1.10 * Date: 24-07-2012 * Company: Rocket Scream Electronics * Website: www.rocketscream.com * * This is a MAX31855 library for Arduino. Please check our wiki * (www.rocketscream.com/wiki) for more information on using this piece of * library. * * This library is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 * Unported License. * * Revision Description * ======== =========== * 1.10 Added negative temperature support for both junction &a
  11. So, I just spent a couple more hours messing with it and met with exactly zero success. I've tried using the hardware SPI, I have the DO pin on the MAX plugged into pin 14, CS to pin 18, and CLK to pin 7. All I ever get back for values are 0 or 255. I set pin 18 to HIGH, do SPI.transfer(0x00) and then set it to low.
  12. I'm going to monkey around with it some more over the next few days based on all your advice. Unfortunately I'm not made of time(school, full time job, family). The eventual goal of this project is to create a network enabled smoker controlled via MQTT with an Android device. I eventualy want to integrate humidity and smoke density controls.
  13. No, it's 3.3 and 5v. You can input either into the VIN pin.
  14. I should mention that I have the MAX pins connected just like it shows in the sketch. I also have the 5v and GND connected to 5v and GND on device. I've tested it again with a new thermocouple on Arduino so I know the MAX and thermocouple work.
  15. I should mention that I have the MAX pins connected just like it shows in the sketch. I also have the 5v and GND connected to 5v and GND on device. I've tested it again with a new thermocouple on Arduino so I know the MAX and thermocouple work.
  • Create New...