Jump to content
43oh

emailcausey

Members
  • Content Count

    20
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. I am using ADCINA7 (pin J5.3) to measure the voltage from a pressure sensor (after being amplified by an INA333). I have attached 3 pictures. Picture #1: Y axis = voltage (mV), X axis = sample #. Picture #2: Exponential fit of curve from Picture #1 (in excel) Picture #3: Voltage (mV) after the exponential curve is subtracted I am noticing unexpected spikes that are most noticeable in Picture 3. I wish that I had the option of increasing the gain of the INA333, but that is not possible with my application. A former TI employee that I spoke with suggested that I use a 10 bit A
  2. What is odd is if I make the array very large (100) then the first 15 values are inaccurate and the rest are accurate. Any ideas?
  3. The code below is working well. I have added an array to it (see purple bold text) and get expected values (arraypres[0]=100....array[9]=109). However, when I change it to uint16_t arraypres[20]; and if(number <20){ arraypres[number]=100+number; number = number+1; } I have unexpected results (see attachment). I am perplexed as to why this is happening. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Code: #include "DSP28x_Project.h" // Device Header file and Examples Include File #include "f2802x_common/include/adc.h" #include "f2802x_common/include
  4. Just a follow-up. I switched to the ADCINA7 pin (J5.3) and changed the sampling rate and all is well.
  5. I measured the current going to the LaunchPad with a multimeter and it was 155 mA. I read from the data sheet on the TI website (http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/sprs523j/sprs523j.pdf) that the max current consumption is 100 mA. I have attached a plot of some of my results as well. The y axis is the difference between the mean DAQ and LaunchPad values (in mV). Still trying to figure it out.
  6. Hello! I am currently running a code that measures the voltage through the ADCINA4 pin (J1.6) and displays the results on a LCD screen. I am manually changing the voltage with a potentiometer. I am doing this two ways: First, I used a USB to power the LaunchPad and viewed the results on Code Composer Studio (the LCD also displays the results viewed in Code Composer Studio simultaneously). Second, I used a battery (with a 3.3 V voltage regulator) to power the LaunchPad in standalone mode using the J3 pins (on the bottom right-hand side of the LaunchPad). Also noteworthy, I hav
  7. Thank you so much. I will try that.
  8. I am using the adc_soc example to convert an analog voltage signal to a digital one. The pins that the example uses are ADCINA (J1.6) and ADCINA2 (J1.8). I first connected J1.6 : 3.3 V pin J1.8 : GND pin and received very nice digital values of ~4096 and 0, respectively. What is important is that each of these functions individually. In other words, if I disconnect pin J1.8, for example, I still have a reading of 4096 V from J1.6. However, what I really want to do is measure the voltage signal from a battery pack (which is also divided by a voltage divider) which is equal to ~2.88
  9. I changed the contrast writeCommand(0xC0); // Set LCD Vop (Contrast) and it is working very well. I really appreciate your responses. Thank you so much.
  10. AHA! Tim you were right again. After arduously trying to reduce the size by going through each header file...without success....I then decided to replace the 28027_RAM_lnk.cmd with F28028.cmd from C:\ti\controlSUITE\device_support\f2802x\v210\f2802x_common\cmd. Why this one works and the other doesn't....I don't know. But I'm going with it. I now have scrambling letters on my screen, but I am just happy to see something! Now to get that scrambled mess into a message. Will keep you posted.
  11. I checked Project -> Properties -> Build, but only found two options for configuration: “Debug” and “Release”. I am currently using Debug. I tried using "Release", but this action caused the include file "C:\ti\controlSUITE\device_support\f2802x\v210" in the Project Explorer to be removed, causing errors. I added F2802x_generic_flash.cmd into the Project Explorer (with the 28027_RAM_lnk.cmd simultaneously being in the Project Explorer). After pressing debug I received many errors, such as "#10263 BEGIN memory range has been exceeded" "#10264 #10264 ROM memory range overlaps" B
  12. My apologies for posting to the other thread. I will stick to this one. I realized after doing another tutorial (http://fortytwoandnow.blogspot.com/2012/08/c2000-piccolo-blinking-led.html)%C2'> I was missing one important component. I had deleted the 28027_RAM_lnk.cmd which made my LCD turn off as soon as I pressed "resume." This is an important based on the following lines of code: #ifdef _FLASH memcpy(&RamfuncsRunStart, &RamfuncsLoadStart, (size_t)&RamfuncsLoadSize); #endif However, after adding this command file back in I am now getting errors related to havi
  13. Finally after going through and changing each spi.h file to the updated version...so that each one included the following lines of code at the bottom: //! \brief Writes a byte of data to the serial peripheral interface (SPI) //! \param[in] spiHandle The serial peripheral interface (SPI) object handle //! \param[in] data The data value inline void SPI_write8(SPI_Handle spiHandle,const uint16_t data) { SPI_Obj *spi = (SPI_Obj *)spiHandle; // set the bits spi->SPITXBUF = (data & 0xFF) << 8; return; } // end of SPI_write() function I eliminate
×
×
  • Create New...