Jump to content


  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About amstan

  • Rank
    Advanced Member

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  • Location
    Santa Clara, California
  • Github
  1. Already out of stock! Come on! 20??
  2. It's not that great. I tried it for my rgb clock project. You have to do a lot of work for it. You basically trade your project documentation(which you have to customize for their site) for the boards. They're not that good of boards, green only, take quite a while to get(elecrow was faster). http://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/mcu/025/index.html I eventually went with elecrow since they had black available and I didn't feel sketchy basically selling my design.
  3. I2C not working MSP430g2553 launchpad

    When i dabbled into I2C it seemed that the hardware for it is really inflexible(it even contains bugs). So i just made/adapted my own bit banging library. I don't care that it's bit banging because it's probably fast enough. The bonus is that you can use it on any pins that you like. https://github.com/amstan/binaryclock/blob/master/firmware/i2c.h
  4. When I counted there were 81. I guess you have 80 now. heh. How do you limit current on them? Aren't you worried that you get uneven brightness if you just use the pin current limit? At least the anodes should have a resistor for current limit(ideally a transistor as well, if you want higher currents). Also.. a battery like the CR2032 can only give like 5mA, anything more and the voltage should drop. If the voltage drops too low you might have glitches in the mcu and have problems with the program execution. You could solve that with a big cap. I included the leftover parts for my binary clock. You might be missing a bunch of things(like the smpsu chip). But you should be able to get most of it operational with the bare minimum of parts. You don't really need the smpsu if you don't run on battery and you already have 5V available. You can also bypass that mosfet on the 5V rail; it's completely useless, doesn't do what i wanted. I haven't checked if i gave you a light sensor as well, for that you need a heat gun. Take note of the changes you need to make of the pcb, i had some pins swapped. I also included 20 ws2812 leds for you to populate that board. I also included a bunch of hitachi based lcd modules that I had laying around(i had a box with at least 50).
  5. @@simpleavr Why don't you jump on IRC to discuss donating arrangements? #43oh on irc.freenode.net
  6. Would this be of interest? I have a bag of them (80, all pictured). In various stages of pin bending(i don't think any are broken though). I didn't really have any plan for them, totally forgot I had them for a while there. I'm open to donating them for this group buy. At least part of them(I don't think there's a need for 80, heh). The catch is that they're 3 digits, this board calls for 4 digit displays.
  7. Yeah, same. I have too many things i don't have a purpose for.
  8. EXP430FR5969 clock speed above 8MHz

    I had mine working on 18MHz using the ti sample code and my own xtal.
  9. @@bluehash You seem to have my name wrong in the projects post.
  10. Unfortunately it doesn't look very well when it's stationary. Perhaps I'll get some videos in a few days.
  11. I got mine a few days ago. I wrote a python3 driver for it: https://github.com/amstan/pynoritake I also tried to emulate the squiggle from this lcd megademo 2, Just run ./squiggle_noritake.py to see it on ttyUSB0, you'll need numpy as well.
  12. msp430f5529 and mspdebugger

    You need to install http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/MSPDS_Open_Source_Package aka tilib. It replaces the uif method in mspdebug. Energia comes with a binary of it. If you don't want to go the energia route, and you have archlinux you can install https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mspds/. If you're on another distro you could look inside here and run the compiling commands manually.
  13. ld.exe: CC3000FirwareUpdate.cpp.elf section `.rodata' will not fit in region `rom' ld.exe: section .vectors loaded at [0000ff80,0000ffff] overlaps section .rodata loaded at [0000e6b0,00011a29] ld.exe: region `rom' overflowed by 6840 bytes Seems to me that something won't fit. The CC3000 firmware might be too big to be used with the fr board(which only has 16k of code space). I might be wrong though.