Jump to content
43oh

waynewec

Members
  • Content Count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Well my previous microcontroller usage has been Assembly - but the majority of my coding experience is in C++, C# and VB.NET. I've always hated char arrays haha. They're so much trouble - I'm quite bad at static memory allocation. As for the pulsing of the Tx signal I think our group has opted to use a monostable 555 to form the pulse in hardware and just turn the Tx on and off before and after our counting loop. Then we'll just have to add the delays from it into the correction factors, but the delay should be on the order of microseconds - So it shouldn't be too big of a deal. We're also go
  2. Thanks roadrunner. I had the strings implemented the way I did because I didn't know the proper syntax for string handling in Energia (Arduino). I've done most of my work previously in Assembly but now I know. I do have a followup question though - What would be the most efficient/accurate way to measure the amount of time between an action performed from an output pin and a subsequent interrupt? Ie. Pulse an output pin then measure the time until an event happens on the Rx pin. Also, how could I implement a single shot pulse on a pin without wasting clock cycles with delays? A lit
  3. Brought my inString and outString down to 20 bytes each and the program is running as expected. Awesome. It's now working perfectly with my .NET program. A RAM overflow would make sense with what I was seeing in previous testing (printing wonderful garbage) what might be a better way to optimize this process? Especially assuming the part after the angle index (i) will not just be a constant string but a set of 3 calculated longs concatenated together with the '#' delimiter. Psuedo Code (I'm not the one actually writing this code for our project): While(run) - flag set by serial command
  4. I'm lovin' the ease of the Energia environment for rapid prototyping but I've run across an issue with some code I'm trying to implement. Here it is with the serial output Program: /* ** Simple program designed to simulate pushing 180 degrees of 10 meter scan times ** for testing of VB.NET GUI ** */ String inputString = ""; boolean run = false; String outString = ""; int i = 0; void setup() { Serial.begin(9600); inputString.reserve(200); outString.reserve(200); } void loop() { if (run) { for (i = 0; i < 179; i++) //Print 10 meter ping times for each scan angle {
×
×
  • Create New...