Jump to content
43oh

cubeberg

Members
  • Content Count

    1,431
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    40

Everything posted by cubeberg

  1. cubeberg

    Mailbag

    Yes - it will definitely be a little noisy I'm going to see how noisy it is and go from there. The split flap doesn't have as much moving around, so I'm hoping it won't be too bad. Plus I need to build a case which might help.
  2. cubeberg

    Mailbag

    splurged a bit this month - picked up a surplus flip dot display (split flap actually) after all the Hackaday projects using them lately. Hoping to make a twitter scroller for work. Have a pile of transistors ready to test out.
  3. Are you seeing any activity on CE or CSN? Have you tried debugging (not sure if you're using CCS or GCC)? I did notice you're initializing SPI - but the library should actually be taking care of that for you as long as you're using the correct #define's. It looks like you've modified the SPI library from what is up on github - any reason why you aren't just letting the defines take care of that? I've used that library on a F5529 as well as the G2553 without any issues at all.
  4. @@SvdSinner - have you tried the code samples that are on the product page? http://www.ti.com/product/MSP430F5529/toolssoftware - MSP430F552x C Examples (IAR and CCSv4) (Rev. G). It includes 8 I2C samples.
  5. cubeberg

    Mailbag

    Wow! The original package from China fared better. Looks like somebody drop-kicked it! Good thing the contents move around easily. Glad they're all in one piece!
  6. It's not the MSP430 that's the problem (I'm assuming you're using the G2553) - Serial.Begin is setting the baud rate to 31250. However - it's communicating through a chip that provides a virtual com port - that device is stuck @ 9600 baud. If you had a board like the FR5969 or some other board - they can go higher. If you need a higher baud rate - you'll need to use something like an FTDI chip to achieve that. Part of the problem is that the G2553 isn't a USB chip.
  7. Thanks @@RobG! Meant to ask - did you switch to a new PCB program? 10x10 is over free eagle capabilities. I've been meaning to switch to something else for that reason.
  8. cubeberg

    43oh badge

    FYI - $2 off coupon for Tindie - 488A71D
  9. I'd check your pull-up resistor on reset on our target board. If it's too low (4.7k for instance) - I've had issues with programming. I use 47k resistors now and have had good luck so far.
  10. It's a 5v sensor, so you're going to have to do something about the 5v output. A voltage divide might work. It looks like you're going to need a resistor. There is some good information at Sparkfun: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8891 (breakout board) https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Sensors/Biometric/MQ-6.pdf (datasheet)
  11. Ok @@RobG - now I'm going to need a BOM Huge thanks BTW!
  12. Mounting holes all around would be nice. Would love to put it on a plaque or hang it up in a cubicle. Power jack options as well - usb or barrel.
  13. OMG - take my money!!!
  14. @@username Fantastic! Glad you got it working. Was the resistor in the kit wrong?
  15. @@username 27v is a bit low - you need between 30 and 50 to light the tube - it's at least good that you're getting something though. Did you check the resistors to make sure they measure as indicated on the silkscreen? Does the voltage go up/down if you adjust the potentiometers? There are two really critical parts to lighting up the tube. 1 - voltage across the filament (direction doesn't matter - see pins 1 and 13 on the sheet) - connect one side to gnd and the other to 5v across a 22 ohm resistor (it's really supposed to be something like 1.2v - the resistor takes care of keepi
  16. cubeberg

    43oh badge

    Sorry this took so long - but badges are finally up on tindie!
  17. @@Lgbeno - I'm a C#/.NET developer so that's the reason behind the technology choice, and I'm partially using this as an excuse to learn some new tools. However - there's a good chance I may use something like phant.IO as a simple data service to start off while I'm working on the CC3200 end of things. I've also considered the problem with sharing the project since not a ton of people will be interested in .NET as they'd be looking for a less expensive alternative - I understand that there may not be a ton of interest. The issue with using something like phant.io as the back-end - in ord
  18. Did a quick case - slides on like @@simpleavr suggested. https://tinkercad.com/things/cDc15bMgwAt-calculator-cover/ Trying that out to start - but I'll probably also do a bumper + case to protect the user from the bottom of the circuit board. Should have my PCB in a couple of days.
  19. Haven't read all of this yet - looks like they translated everything: https://nurdspace.nl/ESP8266
  20. FYI - my aliexpress orders have tracking numbers, but they don't read anywhere. They're starting to pop up on eBay now.
  21. The most obvious issue - you're using INCH_0 which is A0 (P1.0). You want INCH_2 since you're using P1.2 which is A2 (check the family guide and data sheet for the 2553). Could be something else - but that's a start.
  22. If you haven't worked with it yet - the Code-First database migration stuff is pretty spectacular. Database upgrades, data seeding, etc. - all built into the source code.
  23. lol - no - The diagram is SQL Server Management Studio - but I'm doing Code-First Entity Framework in C# - the data model is created based on my objects.
  24. Got notification last night that the door sensor shipped. Should have that later this week. Working on database design for storing sensor data.
×
×
  • Create New...