Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rei Vilo

Energia IDE 1.6.10E18 Crashes on macOS Sierra

10 posts in this topic

Seems to have been fixed in Arduino Builder 1.3.21. I don't have access to Sierra right now. Can you please give the attached arduino-builder a try? Arduino builder is located in Energia.app/Contents/Java/

Note that this arduino-builder is a slightly modified version of the original arduino-builder. Reason is in the pull-request here: https://github.com/arduino/arduino-builder/pull/119

arduino-builder.zip

I've tested the arduino-builder utility of Arduino 1.6.12 (version 1.3.21) and it seems to work fine.

As a temporary solution, replace the arduino-builder utility of Energia (version 1.3.18) by the new Arduino one (version 1.3.21).

• Download the Arduino 1.6.12 IDE
  • Look for the arduino-builder utility, under /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder on macOS,
  • Copy and paste it into /Applications/Energia.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder on macOS. 

Please use the file provided by Robert. This was a very temporary solution!
energia likes this

Yes unfortunately. I don't think it will be pulled in though. I have to find a different way to be able to compile EMT target using the stock arduino-builder.

I've tested the arduino-builder utility of Arduino 1.6.12 (version 1.3.21) and it seems to work fine.

As a temporary solution, replace the arduino-builder utility of Energia (version 1.3.18) by the new Arduino one (version 1.3.21).

• Download the Arduino 1.6.12 IDE
  • Look for the arduino-builder utility, under /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder on macOS,
  • Copy and paste it into /Applications/Energia.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder on macOS. 

It would be better to use the binary attached in my post here: http://forum.43oh.com/topic/9911-energia-ide-1610e18-crashes-on-macos-sierra/?p=74625

Hi,

I updated to OS X High sierra, and installed a fresh copy of energia 18 from energia.nu and replaced the arduino-builder with the one from above post, but unfortunately, blink fails to compile (board chosen F5529)

/Applications/Energia.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware "/Applications/Energia.app/Contents/Java/hardware" -hardware "/Users/baettig/Library/Energia15/packages" -tools "/Applications/Energia.app/Contents/Java/tools-builder" -tools "/Applications/Energia.app/Contents/Java/hardware/tools/msp430" -tools "/Users/baettig/Library/Energia15/packages" -built-in-libraries "/Applications/Energia.app/Contents/Java/libraries" -libraries "/Users/baettig/Documents/Energia/libraries" -fqbn=energia:msp430:MSP-EXP430F5529LP -ide-version=10610 -build-path "/var/folders/67/4hcf1n2n6k19d5kvvbztt9qh0000gn/T/builded0b72ce2b4f77512eec99a6713fe17d.tmp" -warnings=none -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose "/Applications/Energia.app/Contents/Java/examples/01.Basics/Blink/Blink.ino"
arduino-builder returned 139

Error compiling for board MSP-EXP430F5529LP.

I would be happy to provide more details in order to get energia running again.

BTW is there an ETA for a new release (19)?

Thank you very much for your help

Edit: sorry for posting under tiva, but this was the most pertinent thread I found and I didn't think it important enough to open a new one with the same content under msp430...