5 replies to this topic

#1 Fmilburn

Fmilburn

Level 3

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:25 PM

I put together a prototype Booster Pack that attaches to the CC3200 and has a RFID-RC522 card (sometimes called a MIFARE module), two buttons, and two LEDs.  The CC3200 is connected to the cloud using Temboo.  Currently it sends an email to me with information on the card used when accessed but it would be easy to modify to record time of access, card used, etc and put it into say a spreadsheet.  This was a one afternoon plus an evening project for both hardware and software using  Energia - very easy to do.  The cards have security holes but I am pretty sure they pose too high a technical challenge for my local hooligans.  I'm more afraid they might rip it apart and take my CC3200 than anything else. :)

This is the Booster Pack, top view.

Small_BoosterPack.jpg

Here it is attached to an upside down CC3200.

Small_Attached.jpg

In this photo it has been mounted in an enclosure and is reporting a successful read and transmission with the green LED.

Small_Mounted.jpg

And if you are really interested, here is the schematic.

Small_Schematic.jpg

I am using the RFID library located here.  And if you aren't familiar with Temboo, find it here.

• bluehash, Rickta59, pine and 4 others like this

#2 sinquito

sinquito

Noob Class

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:27 AM

Hello there, this is my first post. I'm very interested in your code, but I get this error:

"

Energia: 1.6.10E18 (Windows 10), Board: "CC3200-LAUNCHXL (80MHz)"

<command-line>:0:15: warning: ISO C99 requires whitespace after the macro name [enabled by default]

C:\Users\Alexander\Documents\Energia\CardReader\CardReader.ino: In function 'void setup()':

CardReader:52: error: 'SPI' was not declared in this scope

SPI.begin();

^

exit status 1
'SPI' was not declared in this scope
"

Any ideas?

I want to use the cc3200 to upload data, like text embeded on the rfid tag.
Thanks for sharing your code and make a library.

#3 Fmilburn

Fmilburn

Level 3

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:39 AM

Hi @sinquito and welcome to 43oh....

First, try placing

#include <SPI.h> 

at the beginning of the sketch

Second, I developed this sketch and tested it in Energia 16 and 17.  I haven't tried it in Energia 18 and don't have a working CC3200 at the moment.  If  #include <SPI.h> doesn't work then try it with Energia 17.

Let us know if either of these solutions work...

• sinquito likes this

#4 sinquito

sinquito

Noob Class

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:58 PM

First, try placing

#include <SPI.h> 

at the beginning of the sketch

Hello, thanks for the quick response.

I did place the library at top.

It seems that the problem is within E18, as neither of the two SPI examples did compile. I had a E17 zip, so used it instead and it compiled like a charm. Thanks, will share any update on my project here, as I'm planning to do a parking access with the C3200, the RDIF card reader, and a 7 segment 4 digit display for counting the slots availables and a H bridge for controlling a stepper to give access.

• Fmilburn likes this

#5 Headstrong

Headstrong

Noob Class

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:32 AM

Hi ,

This is a great library, something I was also working on, but for a different NFC reader module! 

Where can I buy this boosterpack and for how much? just wanted to get started with this hobby project of mine where this function plays a part!!

#6 Fmilburn

Fmilburn

Level 3

• Members
  • 497 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:04 AM

Hi @Headstrong,

Glad you like it - it was just something I put together as a personal project on 4x6 cm through plated proto board.  You could build one for yourself easily.  The parts are all through hole and shown on the schematic:  2 LEDs, 2 resistors, 2 buttons, the RFID module, pin headers, some wire, and the 4x6 cm protoboard.  Put it together on a breadboard to test, then lay it out on the proto board and solder it up.  A link to the RFID module I used is given in the code example.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: RFID, CC3200, RFID-RC522, Energia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users