GeekDoc

Share pics of your workspace setup

105 posts in this topic

my next workspace will have a drawer like that, and it will be full of projects I want to finish ;)

my next workspace will have a drawer like that, and it will be full of projects I want to finish ;)

Heh... I've already got two boxes like that. :oops:

@SugarAddict Now, I don't feel so bad for having so many MSP430 devices... 6 Launchpads, 2 Chronos, 2 Fraunchpads, EXP5529, 7 RF2500t. I think you have me beat.

Sometimes I think I thrive in my Mess, I think better, everything seem to be within reach.

After my relocation, I was lost for a long time until I create this new mess..

I had 6 Launchpads, 3 were given to some kids in hope they will pick up interest in EE..

@SugarAddict Now, I don't feel so bad for having so many MSP430 devices... 6 Launchpads, 2 Chronos, 2 Fraunchpads, EXP5529, 7 RF2500t. I think you have me beat.

Oh... that's just one drawer... It has 2 Chronos, RF2500 (and three T's), 7 LP's, 2 FRAM, 2 of my G2xx3 boards with chip and 6 without chip, my F2274 boards (both versions), my RTC board, 2 touch boosters...

Now, not in that drawer is 1 more FRAM, 4 more LP's, and a jackload of other random boards I've tinkered with. I was trying to put a lot of things in one place so I knew where they were... they used to be all over the place, 2 in a BB, a few loosely wired to other stuff... I'm trying to clean up and get organized. I REALLY just need to get my own home so I can go OCD on an entire room for computer/electronics. I HAD to make that workbench or I would've gone nuts, and even still it's just not enough.

I realize this is kind of an old thread, but I finally got around to re-organizing my space in the garage.

Here is the Before Picture, kind of my Bob Pease Memorial Shrine on a desk:

post-20-0-95793900-1374562628_thumb.jpg

Here is the new improved Setup:

post-20-0-50371400-1374562646_thumb.jpg

Note, I have not moved over all of the parts and tools from the old pile yet. I am hoping to keep most of my stuff in the big black cabinet. Most of the stuff here is surplus stuff from work. We are moving to a smaller building, so I scored the ESD safe bench, the cabinet, the two standard monitors, the chair and the magnifier. The scope I got off of Ebay for ~$400 bucks and the supply is an old AT (not ATX :smile: ) supply in a custom wood box. The 15" Monitor on the left is for the scope and was originaly a custom monitor in a STEEL box for one of our machines. we decided to go with regular displays instead, so it wound up in the boneyard until we cleaned that out about a year ago :smile: Someday it might end up as a display on a mill or somthing more industrial, but I don't know yet. The Computer and the SCSI enclosure were leftovers from IT, as were the tape drive and all of the Hard Drives inside. I am in the middle of upgrading the disk layout since I got a hold of a couple more 18 and 34 GB SCSI drives from the IT pile. The Computer is an old HP workstation with dual PIII 600's inside... I know it's kind of underpowered, but it has two isa slots for my GPIB card and the interface to the universal programmer. And the price was right. I still need to move over my microscope, but I need to figure out exactly where to mount it.

GeekDoc and bluehash like this

@@petertux Is that a custom clip holder for your PCB. I like it.

it gets the job done most of the time.

it's a bare metal base and the clips have magnets in the bottom part.

they got me in trouble once when I was trying to debug a pcb that had tiny reed relays. at first I could not understand how that board works as expected when inside the product and gets all weird while in that stupid stand of mine :biggrin:

Bump. Share your pics.  :D

By coincidence I just finished ripping everything out of my little room in the basement, repainting, and installing a new Ikea desk and shelving this past week.  I have a desk with a cabinet to hold parts that rolls underneath and a work table just behind that I can swivel my chair to.  There are even pictures on the wall.

I'm glad you asked for pictures today as it is unlikely to stay this neat for long.

post-45284-0-24448900-1442186242_thumb.jpg

post-45284-0-76801700-1442186495_thumb.jpg

chicken, tripwire and bluehash like this

By coincidence I just finished ripping everything out of my little room in the basement, repainting, and installing a new Ikea desk and shelving this past week.  I have a desk with a cabinet to hold parts that rolls underneath and a work table just behind that I can swivel my chair to.  There are even pictures on the wall.

I'm glad you asked for pictures today as it is unlikely to stay this neat for long.

Two desks... nice. I used to have that. Now I'm back to one.

@@bluehash well spotted. Big red box are tested dAISys (ready to sell once the USB cables arrive), below is the SMD stencil, small brown box are bare PCBs (Elecrow), small red box are assembled dAISys that still need to be tested in the wild, larger brown box is the dAISy prototype graveyard and related junk.

bluehash likes this

I like the be-dazzled mug. :)

I've noticed when I'm "into" a project, like you are one the WSNs, things slowly begin to clutter..but your hands know exactly where everything is... under multiple layers of stuff.