Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bluehash

The MSP432 Launchpad

17 posts in this topic

Discussion thread for the MSP432 Launchpad.

The MSP432P401R LaunchPad enables you to develop high performance applications that benefit from low power operation. It features the MSP432P401R

Remixed123 likes this

Might be worth noting that the programmer / emulator interface will not support any MSP430 processors.

Hello,

I created an account loging in with my google account ans everywhere on the forums, I have always the folowing message displayed:

Please use your email id to login! See this post for logging in. Post here for support.

On the help post from the link some numbers near the username are mentioned, but it's not the case.

Thanks.

Might be worth noting that the programmer / emulator interface will not support any MSP430 processors.

Hmm ... but is it possible to programm a stand alone MSP432 on a breakout board with the MSP432-Launchpad, like you can do with the "older" Launchpads, e.g.: [G2 Launchpad -> use Vcc/GND/Reset/Test lines-> Stand alone MSP430G2553] ?

Yes, you should be able to. However I'm not sure the 432 available to purchase on its own yet.

I think it's sampleable right now.

Seems so, that's why I am asking...

Hello,

I created an account loging in with my google account ans everywhere on the forums, I have always the folowing message displayed:

Please use your email id to login! See this post for logging in. Post here for support.

On the help post from the link some numbers near the username are mentioned, but it's not the case.

Thanks.

Welcome!, but please post your issue in the support thread, as mentioned.

Seems so, that's why I am asking...

I am fairly certain the XDS-ET on the MSP432 LP should be able to program external devices.  The protocol is ARM SWD fyi.

yosh likes this

After some brake I decided to come back to the MSP43x world and try the MSP432 LP. One thing I noticed - all three I have (even the last one ordered in 2016) have XMS432 rev B, for which support will be phased out this year. As 3 chips with shipping are coming close to the price of the whole LP, can anyone confirm the current silicone version on those LPs?

The black ones have prerelease silicon, the new, actual, red ones have the ready to production chips.