Suyog

Porting arduino Modbus library to Energia

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I am currently porting from Arduino to MSP430 platform. I want to port to attached Modbus Master and slave library to Energia.

In modbus we have to set parity of serial communication, parity function is not there in MSP430 HardwareSerial.ccp library can anyone help me to add this function in energia library? Problem is not with modbus library but with Energia core library.

Thanks

SimpleModbusMasterV12.rar

SimpleModbusSlaveV9.rar

Many, if not most, master pollers can use 9600baud, no parity and 2/1 stop bits (8N2 is standard, 8N1 works as well), isn't it your problem CRC related?

Have you seen this work: http://www.modbus.pl/node/18?, it has a "CRC 16 for modbus checksum" function in the 874MODBU.C file.

Would you tel me if that's what you're looking for?

Have you guy found any solution for MODBUS  for Energia??

because the given examples are quite buggy  and giving a bunch of errors while compiling them.

Please help me.

Thank you..

Hi Suyog,

Did you find a solution to setting parity bit in Energia. I also want to communicate via a Modbus  to an energymeter. I have came across a "parity bit setting patch" but that is for MSP430 and I 'm using CC3200 which quite different than MSP430. Please anybody from Energia guide about how to set a parity bit... !!!!

Thanks.