chicken

Mailbag

158 posts in this topic

Can you share your plans for it?

This was just a first step to get started with cap touch sensing - and already got problems (see HERE). :biggrin:

Final goal could be, that I use cap touch as a replacement for the tactile push buttons I use right now. One pro then would be, that I finally have smaller/thinner packages (OLED + MCU + ...).

Right now I have two things in mind:

1) I use this cap touch PCB as an additional "layer" of my project (OLED + MCU + CapTouch) - see attached image

or

2) I could put the cap touch areas on the bottom side of the MCU board (changing my MCU PCB design from THT to SMT at the moment) to save one layer (OLED + MCU/CapTouch).

But first I want to see, how sensitive this is - e.g. inside an acrylic case.

post-31435-0-85630300-1396013241_thumb.jpg

If the cap touch doesn't work through the acrylic case, you could always use the PCB as one side the case, with the cap touch side facing outwards, of course. I'm thinking along a Sick of Beige style with a piece of acrylic on one side and bare cap touch PCB on the other.

yosh likes this

Received a Keithley 480 Picoammeter I recently scored on Ebay for $33.

post-9974-0-39705600-1398034000_thumb.jpg

Supposedly it's broken, the label says "1/5/99 meter not functioning due to discharge". But as far as I was able to test, it seems to work at least down to the 1uA range. And it's in great physical condition outside and inside, it looks cleaner in real than on the picture.

post-317-0-95243200-1399841737_thumb.jpg

Yesterday my NFC implant turned up. Still looking for someone to implant it for me. It's tricky to do yourself as you need two hands (and it goes in your hand). My wife's a doctor but refuses to do it as "it's weird, geeky and creepy".

spirilis, RROMANO001, RobG and 1 other like this

attachicon.gifBnSYxNTsmall.jpg

Yesterday my NFC implant turned up. Still looking for someone to implant it for me. It's tricky to do yourself as you need two hands (and it goes in your hand). My wife's a doctor but refuses to do it as "it's weird, geeky and creepy".

I kind of agree with your wife...

RROMANO001 likes this

Still looking for someone to implant it for me.

You could go to a veterinarian who makes microchip implants for dogs :smile: or to a studio which makes transdermal implants/piercings.

RROMANO001 likes this

I kind of agree with your wife...

Well, when the Terminator turns up and someone has to go through that time portal thing with plans for John Connor embedded under their skin, you and my wife will change your tune. Unless the plans are more than 888 bytes. Then we're all done for.

You could go to a veterinarian who makes microchip implants for dogs :smile: or to a studio which makes transdermal implants/piercings.

Whilst it's really similar to a pet tag I don't think a vet would want to risk losing their vet licence by operating on a person. A piercer seems to be the way. I have one that's been recommended but they're closed today.

Whilst it's really similar to a pet tag I don't think a vet would want to risk losing their vet licence by operating on a person. A piercer seems to be the way. I have one that's been recommended but they're closed today.

I know someone training as a vet, just asked her if she would even remotely consider implanting a chip in a human in future. I fear I will get a moderator warning if I quoted the actual response but it was a pretty resounding no :P

Can't say the idea appeals to me personally. What are you going to use it for?

I've already got a Samsung Ezon lock (PIN or NFC) on my workshop. I'm sure I'll add/make more for the front door, motorbike, etc. I'd also like to auto log in to my PC at work. I was thinking of something like USB HID to type the password and write-only mass storage to set it. Maybe embed it in a keyboard.

yosh likes this

! You are going to implant it? Make sure you take pics:)

Question: What if you want to take it out?

What if you need MRT, would it light up ?

Just got woken up by the fedex guy. He brought my TI sample order. Funny thing that my MSP430F5529 USB LaunchPad Evaluation Kit has not even shipped, and I ordered and paid it half hour earlier than I made the sample request on last Thursday night.  :rolleyes:

List of IC's, if it is not readable from the picture.

1 x MSP430F5529IPNR

3 x TPS3825-33DBVT

2 x MSP430F2132TPWR

3 x TPS61200DRCT

post-17164-0-62337300-1402308923_thumb.jpg

Second PCB from Oshpark...

This is the first revision of a PCB I designed together with @@reaper7 - I had to order a new one because I "forgot" a power switch in the first layout :-D

It's a TSSOP board for the G2553 with LDO (MCP1703), LiPo Charger (MCP73831) and EEPROM (24LCxxx). Dimensions of the board are 36x36 mm (as in all my PCBs) to match the iTead 0.96" OLED (and the Sharp Display, see post before).

post-31435-0-47681500-1402485516_thumb.jpg

post-31435-0-96172600-1402485523_thumb.jpg

reaper7, greeeg, chicken and 1 other like this

@@rampadc and @@yosh, can you please post hi-res / clear picture of unpopulated DirtyPCB / Oshpark PCB.

High resolution is quite hard to get with my phone camera

post-32777-0-39851100-1402699211_thumb.jpg:

and here's a close-up on the QFN pad: 

post-32777-0-63234900-1402699103_thumb.jpg

jazz and reaper7 like this