cubeberg

Build thread - 3 Axis pen plotter

35 posts in this topic

@cubeberg, very cool project!

Thanks!  Even better that it was almost free :)  My kids think it's awesome since I've been making all sorts of things for them - the wife isn't overly impressed though :)

Thanks, to go on with off topic posts, I just did my first print... and wasted some plastic. I need to level the bed a bit better but it's looking good. I also need to build something to hold the spool above the printer.

Thanks, to go on with off topic posts, I just did my first print... and wasted some plastic. I need to level the bed a bit better but it's looking good. I also need to build something to hold the spool above the printer.

Yeah - I wasted a decent amount of plastic troubleshooting.  For a spool holder - I'd try out PVC (http://www.instructables.com/id/Low-Cost-3D-Printer-Filament-Spool-Stand/).  Works great - cost about $5.

semicolo likes this

@cubeberg Hey. Sorry to revive such an ancient thread. I am doing a very similar project to yours using an msp430g2 and was hoping you could answer some questions/ give some updates on progress. I am fiddling with your software, but am unable to get it to do anything on my MSP430g2553. It starts up, then immediately goes to exit.c without doing anything. Any help would be so so appreciated. 

Thanks!