• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 cubeberg

cubeberg

Level 4

• Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hmm, perhaps I need to check with Digi-Key about my order.

Might be a good idea.  I could have sworn that TI had to fix shipping for some countries last time around (think I saw it on their twitter feed).

#42 tingo

tingo

Level 1

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

Might be a good idea.  I could have sworn that TI had to fix shipping for some countries last time around (think I saw it on their twitter feed).

Awww, I'm way too late. I checked the order status now, and not only is it sent, it turns out that UPS already have had an unsuccessful delivery attempt at my home (while I was at work) earlier today. Hopefully they'll just hand it over to the postal service soon (for some reason, carrier companies (FedEx, DHL, UPS) here (Oslo, Norway) are hopeless to work with; they insist on delivering during work hours, no matter if the address is residential or not, they don't allow  you to schedule a delivery time, and on and on). Joy.

Torfinn

#43 cubeberg

cubeberg

Level 4

• Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Awww, I'm way too late. I checked the order status now, and not only is it sent, it turns out that UPS already have had an unsuccessful delivery attempt at my home (while I was at work) earlier today. Hopefully they'll just hand it over to the postal service soon (for some reason, carrier companies (FedEx, DHL, UPS) here (Oslo, Norway) are hopeless to work with; they insist on delivering during work hours, no matter if the address is residential or not, they don't allow  you to schedule a delivery time, and on and on). Joy.

They might refund the shipping - might still be worth a try.  

#44 PentiumPC

PentiumPC

Level 2

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:01 PM

I think TI made some arrangement last time with Digikey on TIDeals so that international shipping is free? It is quite surprise to hear $30 for shipping to Singapore.. I am in Hong Kong and there is no shipping charge yesterday I tried on the Digikey site..

I checked, no free shipping for Singapore.. is there something you need to enter to get free shipping? 

#45 cubeberg

cubeberg

Level 4

• Members
  • 1,165 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

Apparently they're not doing free international - from twitter:

@cubeberg The current #TIDeal does not include shipping. Thanks!

#46 abecedarian

abecedarian

Level 4

• Members
  • 966 posts
  • LocationDundrinkingin Anlimentonic Encastle

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

I've had things like that happen before and I've called and requested them to hold packages at the local distribution office for me to pick up, and have been able to retrieve packages on weekends. I've also been able to have the destination address modified so that a neighbor can receive it, or it is re-routed to where I was working.
Over here, doing "over here" things.

#47 pine

pine

Level 2

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:56 AM

I checked, no free shipping for Singapore.. is there something you need to enter to get free shipping?

No i didnt enter anything special but just selected the USPS prepid or something.. i read cubeberg's post and tried again today, and it now show a line of shipping entry with an "unknown" value. You two are right, no free international shipping on this deal.

The Chronos is a nice gadget. If I own one probably will not be replacing my Casio, and i can imagine can't resist the urge to have wrist watch on both hands hehe :)

#48 abecedarian

abecedarian

Level 4

• Members
  • 966 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

ChronosAP drivers won't install on Win8; not digitally signed.
:-(
And apparently, the reduction in cost also caused a reduction in included items... like the driver and software CD / DVD:

What's Included
  • 2 spare screws
  • CC1111 USB RF access point
  • CD containing documentation and development software
  • Mini Phillips screwdriver
  • eZ430 USB programming and debugging interface
  • eZ430-Chronos wireless watch

• PentiumPC likes this

#49 PentiumPC

PentiumPC

Level 2

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:26 AM

ChronosAP drivers won't install on Win8; not digitally signed.
:-(
And apparently, the reduction in cost also caused a reduction in included items... like the driver and software CD / DVD:

Put your win8 in Test Mode..

#50 chibiace

chibiace

Level 2

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

not as good as the $25 chronos with free shipping they had before.

#51 abecedarian

abecedarian

Level 4

• Members
  • 966 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

Put your win8 in Test Mode..

Considering how many times I've had to reboot over the past few months, that might not be a bad alternative.
Still, though, the watch has been out since 2009 (?) and Windows Vista (2007), 7 (2009) and 8 (2012) have been released so why aren't the drivers signed?

• PentiumPC likes this

#52 PentiumPC

PentiumPC

Level 2

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Considering how many times I've had to reboot over the past few months, that might not be a bad alternative.
Still, though, the watch has been out since 2009 (?) and Windows Vista (2007), 7 (2009) and 8 (2012) have been released so why aren't the drivers signed?

Mine is permanently in Test mode. to lazy to switch it. haha.

#53 tingo

tingo

Level 1

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

I've had things like that happen before and I've called and requested them to hold packages at the local distribution office for me to pick up, and have been able to retrieve packages on weekends. I've also been able to have the destination address modified so that a neighbor can receive it, or it is re-routed to where I was working.

Well, the stupid behavior of delivery companies here (local to me) is that they never bother to call in advance before delivery attempts. You would have thought that after a few deliveries to the same address that they would learn, but no. Anyway, on their second attempt they called me, and I got the package delivered at my workplace (good enough since the package was small) today.

Torfinn

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TIDeals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users