NOTE: This is NOT the official Energia release. Report here the problems you find using this mod. Don't nag anyone else.
Hello there! this is a tweaked Energia IDE (Arduino version here), don't lose time setting up anything, Java or the drivers, just use this fully automated installer. Plus, you get a improved experience (and extra time to think in sending me a little tip )
Less than 55 mb, for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7/8 (x86/x64), Requires .Net Framework 4.0 and nothing else required at all, no other app, package, drivers, just your arduino and brain.
[ ADMIN - Removed Donate button, please see this thread by admin and response by thread author. ]
1. Standard windows install
Couple of clicks and ready!
2. Driver installer
Prepares your system for the boards. Tested in Windows 8.
3. Pretty splash screen
Come on! original one is awful! (even the jpg compression is poor heheh)
4. Menu with Scroll support and better organization
Lots of Sketches? lots of Libraries? lots of Examples?, No problems at all.
5. Pretty Windows Icon
No more blurry/ugly icons For Windows 7/8 taskbar.
6. No delays over Tools menu or at startup
Produced by some BT dongles (More information: http://www.arduino.c...?num=1237179908).
7. Sketch template
Start coding right away, the first sketch is compilable without pressing a key! The IDE finds a sweet spot to place the cursor for you. Also notice the fancy new font:
8. More and custom settings
Does not mess with other Arduino IDE versions and preferences (not even with official ones). You can go to Preferences and set another Sketch directory to keep your User librararies and sketches appart.
Also the font is customizable easily.
9. File association, desktop icon, Start menu program group icons
Small details for your own amusement
10. New library manager
Manage your libraries from Documents/Arduino/Libraries folder with ease and the IDE will reflect the changes without restart
* Enable or disable them: Click the checkbox (disabled libraries will not appear in the IDE or their EXAMPLES)
* Delete library: Select library and press DEL
* Add library: Click ADD, then select the a proper file of the library or select a ZIP file (manager will handle everything for you)
11. More IDE enhancements!
* Undo/redo: Now remember the cursor position, almost unlimited buffer for undo
* Easy mouse selection: Now the selection with the mouse is slowed down to keep it controlable when selecting lots of lines
* Smart Reference!: Detect the selected word automatically, now you don't need to select the whole word or even a part! anything will work just right click http://screencast.com/t/dfp7m4vA7k
* More useful Copy/Cut functions: If you right click without selection, the action applies to the Line 8)
* Hold Shift key on Verify: To get Verbose compilation
* Hold Control key on Upload: To open the Serial Monitor automatically when upload complete (do not lose a bit! from the Serial data or compulsivelly click the serial monitor button).
Additionally you can use the new option in File menu too:
Or maybe you just forget all of those things? so just click once and Schedule the Monitor to open automatically when upload completes:
* Options to get the Hex file path and open the Compilation folder in one click:
12. Better search and replace
Big project? Lots of tabs? No worries! Use the Search all tabs option:
13. Little Serial Monitor improvements
Hold the output unchecking "Receiving" when you like and/or set "AutoClear" to automatically clear the monitor output if more than 1 second elapsed since last data (debug anything with ease!):
14. Unninstall & small package
Not an improvement but as a normal windows app, includes an easy way to remove it and the setup including java and everything you need is about 54 mb.
Java & .Net updated code:
Commit History (features+source files):
* 1.0.3 20130209: First version
Edited by bluehash, 12 February 2013 - 09:22 AM.
Please see edited admin note at the top and bottom of this post.