43oh

[Energia Library] Nordic nRF24L01+ library

Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-New-NRF24L01-2-4GHz-Antenna-Wireless-Transceiver-Module-Arduino-/360826829171?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5402f47973

They don't have any specific markings.

Tested with a custom build setup from a friend that had different modules and different pin-layout but when correctly wired it worked.

Tried on arduino Uno with the RF24 and Mirf libraries. They responded with content of registers (channels, power mode etc.)

Had the vcc and gnd hooked up to the pins next to the reset button on the bottom right. Later connected them to the vcc/gns on the top pins. I couldn't attach a photo.

Ok, those look right and I've bought from that vendor before too (although my modules were the green kind).

Definitely puzzled why this would be happening.  Is there anything else connected to the LaunchPad?  Did you accidentally damage the module before hooking it up (e.g. sending 5V into the Vcc rail when playing with the Arduino)?  Do you have a second one you can test?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi folks... So I'm a little new to Energia, but since I wrote a library for the nRF24L01+ digital transceivers for native C-based apps I figured it'd be a great idea to port this to Energia.   I'm r

Ok, so I ported the Enrf library over so that it works with both MSP430 and Stellaris.  Seems to work great.  I am watching the tx rx demo between msp430g2553 (on the RX side), and the StellarPad doin

Okie doke - https://github.com/spirilis/Enrf24   The examples are the same as the ones I posted... I'll write up the API in a wiki page soon.  Alternately, I put documentation in the Enrf24.h file f

Posted Images

Ok, those look right and I've bought from that vendor before too (although my modules were the green kind).

Definitely puzzled why this would be happening.  Is there anything else connected to the LaunchPad?  Did you accidentally damage the module before hooking it up (e.g. sending 5V into the Vcc rail when playing with the Arduino)?  Do you have a second one you can test?

I hooked it up from a working Arduino uno setup with vcc connected to 3.3v (showing values) to the launchpad that only has 3.3V. So that would not damage it.

Totally puzzled.

I hooked it up from a working Arduino uno setup with vcc connected to 3.3v (showing values) to the launchpad that only has 3.3V. So that would not damage it.

Totally puzzled.

I've attached a photo from a different location to my first post to show my setup. (it's totally basic)

I will exchange all cables + nrf24l01 later today to exclude accidental bad contacts or NRF24.

Just looked... looks right to me so far.

Well. Took another nrf24L01 with a different set of cables. Still no transceiver messages. Tried TXDEMO. Unfortunately it is doing the same.

Enrf24 radio transceiver status: NO TRANSCEIVER PRESENT
Sending packet: ON
Sending packet: OFF

If anyone has idea's / suggestions. Please let me know.

Well. Took another nrf24L01 with a different set of cables. Still no transceiver messages. Tried TXDEMO. Unfortunately it is doing the same.

If anyone has idea's / suggestions. Please let me know.

Well, gotta dig deeper now.  Where did you find the Enrf24 library--one of the d/l's in this thread or the Github version?  (shouldn't matter, but, just curious)

No changes were made to the demo before you ran it?

What's the exact settings in your Energia window -- specifically Board type.

What version of Energia are you using?

Well, gotta dig deeper now.  Where did you find the Enrf24 library--one of the d/l's in this thread or the Github version?  (shouldn't matter, but, just curious)

No changes were made to the demo before you ran it?

What's the exact settings in your Energia window -- specifically Board type.

What version of Energia are you using?

Running windows. I got it from github latest zip (https://github.com/spirilis/Enrf24). Didn't change anything about the rxdemo. 

Board: Launchpad w/ msp430g2453

Energia 0101E0011

Yes, I'm sorry, the LaunchPad w/ msp430g2452 (16Mhz) is what I have selected.

Ok that should explain what's happening here. This needs to match the chip you have installed in the LaunchPad's socket. If it is the G2452, swap the MOSI/MISO pins and it should work. If it's the G2553 in there, select the correct board type.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk 4

It is a G2452. I have tried that. It didn't work. But I will try it again later today.(in about 6 hours)

Tried it. I guess it has been a combination of things. Now it works. So it was the swap of MISO/MOSI that did it. Must have had some loose wire or something else wrong the first time I tried it.

Thanks for the help !  :biggrin:

Enable RX mode. When you need to transmit, just go for it--load your data with .write() and/or .print() and use .flush() to force-send the packet. The library should detect that you were in RX mode previously and return you to RX mode when .flush() completes.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II with Tapatalk 4