RobG

2.2" Color LCD Booster Pack with Touch

129 posts in this topic

I am working on a new color LCD booster pack featuring 2.2" display.

The board will work with two types of displays, one with touch screen and one without.

TSC2046/ADS7846 controller or MCU's analog inputs can be used to process touch events.

I expect some issues with the touch display since the spec sheet that was given to me is incorrect. As you can see on the image, only center LED is lit, indicating wrong connections or bad unit. Will have to sort it out.

As for the software, support for those two will be added to my color LCD library. I might need a volunteer to write touch functions (short on free time.)

post-197-135135565474_thumb.jpeg

post-197-135135565479_thumb.jpeg

post-197-135135565484_thumb.jpeg

larsie, pine, cubeberg and 2 others like this

Nice displays. Will make great boosterpacks... How much current does it draw? I guess it needs a backlight to work or can you see the image without backlight also?

I have asked the seller to provide the proper one, they drew 4 more pins on the diagram which is still incorrect.

That's hilarious! :lol:

Then again, that's ebay! :roll:

OK, I have figured out the problem, can you spot it?

post-197-135135566178_thumb.jpeg

Apparently, they used drawing from the other 2.2" display. After my inquiry, they added 4 more pins.

The problem is, 18 pin display has reversed pins. I hope the display is still OK.

post-197-135135566183_thumb.png

Incredible work as always mate! Lookin forward to this guy being available in the store!

Have you messed with the touch yet? Some of the old displays i've worked on require alot of pressure in order to a touch to register. Any idea of the sensitivity and accuracy of these guys?

Got the second display working now, the one with touch panel! I can finish my BP PCB now.

As it turns out, on top of other issues already mentioned, the display is configured to use D/C signal and 8 bit SPI (datasheet says to pull DC pin up or down, suggesting 9 bit SPI.)

BTW, the picture doesn't show how nice this display is

post-197-135135567322_thumb.jpg

bluehash, username and CorB like this

Got the second display working now, the one with touch panel! I can finish my BP PCB now.

As it turns out, on top of other issues already mentioned, the display is configured to use D/C signal and 8 bit SPI (datasheet says to pull DC pin up or down, suggesting 9 bit SPI.)

BTW, the picture doesn't show how nice this display is

[attachment=0]DSC_0729.jpg[/attachment]

Pic looks good! Can't wait for the boosterpack. Any luck with the touch sensitivity yet? Any chance you know what technology it uses?

Been looking forward to seeing these available to buy...

Over here in oz..

Would love to be able to get 1 or 2 of them.

LCDs are here, will ship them in few days (SA, yours is shipping on Monday so you don't have to drool anymore :) )

BTW, the touch chip will not be included, you have to get one and solder it by yourself.

I can get them, but that would further delay this board.

post-197-135135571139_thumb.png

bluehash and xpg like this

Is there a pre order for there goodies? :D

Looks awesome as always RobG! Will keep an eye on the 43oh store. Hopefully I can manage to get one of these before they sell out. :D Any info regarding the touch chip and what all is required to get it to work? Either way, a 2.2" SPI based screen for that price is darn nice regardless.

Hi RobG,

Neat to see this project also nearing its "public" phase, I am also interested to pre-order.

regards

CorB