Rei Vilo

embedXcode

110 posts in this topic

embedXcode relies on the tool-chain packed within the Processing-based Wiring-derived IDEs, like Energia for the LaunchPad.

So the question is where to find such an IDE for the STM32.

Actually, embedXcode already supports the STM32 F103RB, featured on the :arrow: Maple board which uses the Processing-based Wiring-derived :arrow: Maple IDE.

4613181199_33a31ca4ab_n.jpground_logo_60x60.png

Microcontroller: STM32 F103RB

Clock Speed: 72 MHz

Operating Voltage: 3.3V

Input Voltage (recommended): 3.0V-12V

Digital I/O Pins: 39

Analog Input Pins: 16

Flash Memory: 128 KB

SRAM: 20KB

64 Channel nested vector interrupt handler (including external interrupt on GPIO

Let me know if you need a c2000 LP or a Stellaris LP.

Sure, thanks!

Real test will start when a Processing-based Wiring-derived Arduino-like IDE supports those two LaunchPads.

I hope Energia is going to support them soon!

New! Installation Package

embedXcode is now installed with a standard installation package. Installation is faster and easier.

9677597_orig.png

The Installation Guide and User Manual has changed for User Manual.

The package includes the templates, the code snippets, and the User Manual.

1381655_orig.png

Find it at the download page!

bluehash likes this

As Arduino 1.0 is now stabilised and wide-spread, should embedXcode continue to support Arduino 23?

Answer the :arrow: poll

Please note this is not going to affect other platforms, like chipKIT MPIDE which is still based on Arduino 23 and continues to be supported as it.

Thank you for your input. The poll opens for one week.

Updated User Manual and Support for Xcode 4.5.1

I updated the user manual based on the feed-back I've received about the following two sections: installation and target selection.

embedXcode now supports Xcode 4.5.1.

The package includes the templates, the code snippets, and the User Manual.

As always, documentation is :arrow: here and download :arrow: there!

bluehash and cde like this

Any plans to add any of the STM32 discovery boards?

It happens TI has launched the StellarPad, featuring a Stellaris LM4F120H5QR ARM Cortex-M4.

Thanks to the previous implementations for ARM Cortex M3-based Leaflabs Maple and the SAM-based Arduino Due, embedXcode now supports the StellarPad.

I've tested successfully building, linking and uploading.

I'm waiting for the official Energia update with Stellaris support before releasing embedXcode version 18.

Stay tuned smile.png

cde likes this

The maintenance of the embedXcode template is really difficult due to Apple secrecy around and lack of documentation on Xcode.

So I'm considering switching from Xcode to another IDE.

Here's an open letter to Apple Xcode team. Feel free to send it to members of the Apple Xcode team you know.

Thank you for your help :)

Dear Xcode Team' date='

Xcode offers superior features and ergonomics compared with other IDEs running on OS X.

Unfortunately, its restricted documentation prevents from using many of its features.

I'm using Xcode as a development tool for embedded computing platforms.

As at today, the embedXcode template supports Arduino, Diligent chipKIT with MPIDE, Texas Instruments' Launchpad with Energia, Leaflab Maple, Teensy, Wiring, and has received a warm welcome from the embedded computing community.

The issues I'm currently facing are mostly linked to the lack of available documentation.

The books available on Xcode focus on how to use the tool, not on how to customise it. Similarly, Apple doesn't provide any clues about its inner structure.

For example, keywords used by the templates are not documented. Neither is using other tool-chains, albeit the specific Toolchains folder.

Is Xcode solely limited OS X and iOS development?

By just releasing some documentation on Xcode inner organisation and customisation, Apple can easily make Xcode the best choice for developers.

Otherwise, I'd have no option but to switch to another IDE and to abandon OS X.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Best regards,

--- Rei Vilo

http://embedxcode.weebly.com