bluehash

SDCard Booster Pack

37 posts in this topic

Thank you for your prior response. We actually have the suggested zip-file with the Fat-FS project/code. What we are wondering about is the best way to go about building/rebuilding the project in Code Composer, i.e., will the project 'automatically' un-zip to the correct directory structure ? Then, if you could suggest a sequence of steps to do the build. Thanks. 

I got this booster pack to try out on the CC3200 Launchpad too. Performed the mods as @@Prajay listed (which are in the TI CC3200 SDHost FatFS SDK documentation).  

I installed the library and have tried to use the example PFatFsFileTest, but I can't even get past the FatFs.begin(cs_pin).

It actually looks like it's failing in in disk_init() called from begin(unsigned char cs_pin, uint8_t clkdivider).  This is using v 0.02a of PetitFatFs and the Arduino wrapper written by David Sirkin.

Has anyone had success with this booster pack on the CC3200 using Petit FatFs?

I got this booster pack to try out on the CC3200 Launchpad too. Performed the mods as @@Prajay listed (which are in the TI CC3200 SDHost FatFS SDK documentation).  

I installed the library and have tried to use the example PFatFsFileTest, but I can't even get past the FatFs.begin(cs_pin).

It actually looks like it's failing in in disk_init() called from begin(unsigned char cs_pin, uint8_t clkdivider).  This is using v 0.02a of PetitFatFs and the Arduino wrapper written by David Sirkin.

Has anyone had success with this booster pack on the CC3200 using Petit FatFs?

@@Scotty.. the code on the wiki( server is down for now ) is for the msp430 launchpad. There isn't one for the CC3200, unless you are using the one @@Prajay has used.

@@Scotty.. the code on the wiki( server is down for now ) is for the msp430 launchpad. There isn't one for the CC3200, unless you are using the one @@Prajay has used.

Not sure I understand... what in the Petit FatFs code or the wrapper code is microcontroller specific?

Hi,

I currently try to get Petit FS running on MSP430F5529 using USCI B1 and have some problems getting the workspace running. The SD-Card can be accesed and I get response, but I cant get the FS running properly.

I have a FAT file system running and I'am able to read the textfile on the SD Card. The problem is that every time I try to write to this file I get an empty file back with no data init.

I use R0.08b and my goalis to use the smaller Petit FS with write access to a text file.

I used the MSP430F5529 User Experience to get started.

Can someone give me a hint where to look for suchan error ?

I don't have muchexperience with SD Cards so far so please help me take off.

Hi to all,

I'd like to use this booster pack for data logging with a strain gauge circuit and adc.

Has somebody made some measurements / experience how fast it is possible to write measurments to the SD card (writes per second)?

I try to be write as much data points as possible per second so I want to know if this is a good way or if I have to go for spi flash memory.

Thanks in advance!

Hello everybody, 

I am using MSP-EXP430G2 and I am very interested by this "SD-Card BoosterPack". I want to buy it but I could not find it anywhere ! 

It is not available : Out of stock ! (http://store.43oh.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=66

Could you please help me to find it and buy it. This is urgent for my application which requires more memory space for excel files. 

Thank you !!!!! 

Alice.