bluehash

SDCard Booster Pack

37 posts in this topic

Just came in today along with the Wiznet Wifi PCBs

MSP430_Booster_Pack_Launchpad_SPI.jpg

First test successful with code from here.
Card detect LED needs to be added in. Currently running on a 2553 USCI. Jumper support is available for 2452 USI too.

PetiteFatfs_MSP430_Booster_Pack_Launchpad_SPI.jpg

MSP430_Booster_Pack_Launchpad_SPI_2.jpg

Schematics in a few days. I'm too tired right now.

Latest code:
Code

Suggested for Next Rev:
1.Add mini SD support
2.Wire gnd line to pid 6 of sd card connector. Thanks Rick!
3. Add micro SD support?
4. Dac/LM386(<-Rick's suggestion)

larsie, RobG, Rickta59 and 3 others like this

Nice. Future Revisions possibility, footprints for both sd and mini-sd/transflash cards. One board, you can solder them up as ordered.

It was great to watch you go through the process with this one blue. Turned out great! I was looking at those SD adapters the other day and was surprised at their price. Have you found any reaonable sources for them?

Can give codes for G2452?

I'm coding ,using a G2452,but always have a problem on Init,CMD0 can not return 0x01

It should be relatively easy to change it to 2452 USI code. The code was created for the 2553 USCI. Look in the disk.c folder where you can change the low level driver api.

Bluehash, Thanks for sharing this.

Is the bare board from the store the same as this? ( DEV-MSP-SDCARD-BOOST-PCB ).

Can you provide the part number for the SD Card socket?

Any update on the G2452 code? According the store, it is supposed to work with USI, but I don't see any code for that anywhere...

can any one help me RTC code for msp430f5510

Hi Chandra, welcome to 43oh. You need to tell us what you have and post your code here. Also, it would be good if you have a new thread for your question.

Newbie question. Just got the SD card booster pack last week for launchpad 2553 (version 1.5) board. I tried to run the code version 0.3 from wiki page with 1 GB microSD card using adapter. I can read successfully from the card but I couldn't get anything to the write.txt file. All terminal messages for 'fw' command looks right - I get the "Finalizing the write file". But nothing gets written to the file. Any help ?

Petit_FS for battery-powered recording. 

The Petit_FS has worked great for me. I used the 43oh SD card booster pack to get me started. Step 1: MSP430G2553 on a Launch Pad. Step 2: port code to an MSP430F5529 Launch Pad with the same booster pack. Step 3: port it to our own MSP430F5529 board with a micro sd card on it. The only changes were for port assignments and clock implementations. 

The Petit_FS works for write, read, and multiple files.

To maximize battery life given the micro sd card's 100-200 ua standby current, we power it down with a FET, then reinitialize it before we write. When I used the f_lseek() function to set the file pointer before the write, I found that it can take a long time, the time being proportional to the size of the file pointer. It turns out you don't need to use the f_lseek() function. Here is how to make it work:

1) start up with the following:

disk_initialize() (repeat once if unsuccessful)

pf_mount()

pf_open()

2) write data sequence:

power up card

disk_initialize()

write data

power down

The pf_mount() and pf_open() functions get and update the file system structure. Once you have that structure, you do not need to use fp_mount() or fp_open() again before the write. All you need is to run disk_initialize() to wake the card up. 

Edited by bluehash
[ADMIN] - Added link to the 43oh BoosterPack
bluehash likes this

I have ordered a SD Card booster pack to work with the CC3200 Launchpad, but the connector definitions do not match.. I was able to do some board modifications and make it to work with the CC3200 LAUNCHXL Rev 3.2.

Here is the ECO List

Scratch out traces at SJ1 , SJ2, SJ3, SJ4

Blue wire the following pins

SD Card Pin No       Header Pin

2                               J2.3

5                               J2.6

7                               J2.7

The board looks as below now with the changes. And it works !!! :)

post-38089-0-03419700-1407829758_thumb.jpg

bluehash likes this

I have ordered a SD Card booster pack to work with the CC3200 Launchpad, but the connector definitions do not match.. I was able to do some board modifications and make it to work with the CC3200 LAUNCHXL Rev 3.2.

Here is the ECO List

Scratch out traces at SJ1 , SJ2, SJ3, SJ4

Blue wire the following pins

SD Card Pin No       Header Pin

2                               J2.3

5                               J2.6

7                               J2.7

The board looks as below now with the changes. And it works !!! :)

attachicon.gifSD_Card.jpg

Thank you for sharing your changes  @@Prajay. Do you mean the definitions on the BoosterPack were incorrect? It was made for the MSP430 Launchpad.

Edit: This is for the CC3200 LP. Thanks!