• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 leo.martinez_oto

leo.martinez_oto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

Hello, I am working with MSP430G2553 and i was wondering if there any library to this microcontroller. I have seen the code examples and the registers are modified to do something. I am thinking like high level programming. For instance, libraries for i2c or adc would be ideal for me.

Thanks!

#2 gwdeveloper

gwdeveloper

Level 3

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

TI offers an I2C library for USCI devices like the G2553. http://www.ti.com/ge...Number=slaa368a

The ADC doesn't get much simpler than TI's examples but you can check with the EasyMSP library offered by MattTheGeek. There's a dedicated sub-forum on here as well the source link http://code.google.com/p/easymsp/

#3 leo.martinez_oto

leo.martinez_oto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

Thanks, but that link is for USI i2c and not for USCI i2c...
Maybe it is more helpful working with the registers like the examples...

#4 gwdeveloper

gwdeveloper

Level 3

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

Oops, I gave you the wrong link. I have a whole page of TI links.

Master
http://www.ti.com/ge...eNumber=slaa382
Slave
http://www.ti.com/ge...eNumber=slaa383

It is pretty easy once you learn what they all do. Nothing wrong with using a library here and there though. For my I2C code, I rolled my own built from the examples TI provided. The libraries just didn't meet all of my needs.

#5 leo.martinez_oto

leo.martinez_oto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

What do tou mean with all your needs? Which are the disadvantages of using this library?

Is there any general library? I have seen MSP430Ware, but i am not sure if it is for my G2553...

#6 gwdeveloper

gwdeveloper

Level 3

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

Not any real disadvantages, it's jut a basic library to show usage functions for I2C on USCI. I needed some different functions and buffers for transferring data within my application. So, I progressed from the library to the examples to rolling my own.

I don't think there is a general library. MSP430Ware is TI's new driver library built into CCS. It only fully covers the 5x and 6x devices right now. It does include all of the examples for the full lineup though.

If you're looking to make the Launchpad like an Arduino with the higher level functions provided in the IDE, there are few projects going on. EasyMSP seems to be the most up to date. MSPhere and Friendly Launchpad are two others. Not sure of the current development on those.

#7 leo.martinez_oto

leo.martinez_oto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

Thanks. Because I have a MSP430G2553 and i do not want to have unstable results I will read the official documentation and, with the examples given by TI, I will develop my own program. I guess this is the best solution. Regards.

#8 bluehash

bluehash

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hello Leo, welcome to the forums.
Please refrain from posting the same question in multiple sub-forums. Looks like your question has been answered here.

Stellarisiti - Join the new Tiva-C/Stellaris ARM Forums discussing Tiva-C(Stellaris) Microcontrollers.

C2kCentral - C2000 News, Projects and Forums
43oh - MSP430 Discussion, News, Projects and Hacks
MachineGrid - Robots, Hacks and Technology!

#9 leo.martinez_oto

leo.martinez_oto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:16 PM

Oh, sorry. I did not know where to post it. Won`t happen again.

#10 bluehash

bluehash

Site Admin

• Administrators
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

It's alright. No need to apologize :thumbup: . We normally move a post to an appropriate sub-forum if it has been mis-posted.

Stellarisiti - Join the new Tiva-C/Stellaris ARM Forums discussing Tiva-C(Stellaris) Microcontrollers.

C2kCentral - C2000 News, Projects and Forums
43oh - MSP430 Discussion, News, Projects and Hacks
MachineGrid - Robots, Hacks and Technology!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users